CrowdSupport®
KJ55
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV - Power and volume not working on remote

Answered

Telstra TV remote is working ok, except for Power button and Volume/mute buttons on the side - which do nothing at all. Unit seems to be running all the time but cant switch it off except unplug it. After replugged it is running without using power button which still does nothing. Volume and mute buttons on the side don't seem to do anything at all, but all other front buttons seem to work fine. Am I doing something wrong, or s this a faulty remote?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JS35
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV - Power and volume not working on remote

The power/volume buttons on the remote are intended to control your TV.

This should have been configured during the initial setup of your TelstraTV.

The TelstraTV is always powered on.

Your Telstra TV enters a power saving mode when not in use, so there’s no need for a power button.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
JS35

From Telstra TV FAQ:

How do I turn off my Telstra TV®?

Your Telstra TV enters a power saving mode when not in use, so there’s no need for a power button. Your TV will display a screensaver and power consumption is reduced. You’ll continue to receive firmware updates to make sure your Telstra TV is up to date.

The power and volume buttons on the remote are intended to control your TV. The final step during the initial setup sets this up.

Excerpt from Telstra TV setup 'How to' page on support site:

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/telstra-tv/set-up-my-telstra-tv

Set up control of your TV

• To set up your remote to control the TV power and volume follow the on-screen prompts to confirm if you can hear music playing and that it’s then stopped. We recommend you temporarily disconnect any sound bars or any external sound systems for this step.
JS35
Accepted Solution

The power/volume buttons on the remote are intended to control your TV.

This should have been configured during the initial setup of your TelstraTV.

The TelstraTV is always powered on.

Your Telstra TV enters a power saving mode when not in use, so there’s no need for a power button.

KJ55
Level 1: Cadet

Hi JS35 - this was helpful. I went back and set up the control of the TV and got the buttons on remote working ok now.

Thank you

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now