Highlighted
sxckiwi
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV- Screen Mirroring?

Hi i cannot seem to stream anything via wifi direct to my Telstra TV 2.0. I have tried multiple apps and they state the file couldn't be sent.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra TV- Screen Mirroring?

There are two ways you can stream media to the Telstra TV 2.

• If your device supports Mircast connect to the Telstra TV 2 using Mircast you will be prompted on the Telstra TV2 monitor to allow the connection and then open the media file in an app that will play the file.
  • Install a DLNA server app on your device. On windows PC Windows 10 or later can use Windows Media player (There are instructions on the WEB for turning PC into Server), on android devices could use Bubble UPNP or Media monkey.
    On the Telstra TV 2 open the Roku Media Player app, select media type. Your device will be displayed as a  Media Server. Select your device and then browse for the media file.
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra TV- Screen Mirroring?

Your device needs to be connected to the same wifi network as the TTV2, not via a wifi direct connection.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now