CrowdSupport®
tunno
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra-TV - a nice little feature - Casting and Mirroring

I am trying to cast files from my windows 10 laptop to telstra tv and when i try it keeps returning to the apps page. The file is playing on the laptop but not on the tv. i press cast to device on the file and the telstra box shows up but when a pick it the screen returns to the apps page. Both box and laptop are connected to the same network. All was working fine yesterday but not today.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra-TV - a nice little feature - Casting and Mirroring

The only way I know to cast media to the Telstra TV is to use Miracast. With Mircast you can use the Telstra TV as a second screen for your PC or to duplicate the PCs screen. There are instructions for using Mircast on a Windows 10 PC here

On the Telstra TV make sure Mirroring is set to Prompt or Always allow

Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode

tunno

Thanks for the reply. I have tried exactly what you suggested and still the same. I haven't got a miracast but yesterday everything was casting without a problem. I have just spent 3 hours trying to fix it but still wont cast. It seems the laptop is connecting with the telstra box but will always revert back to the apps screen. I appreciate your time, Thanks again

This could happen if your PC has been added to the list of blocked devices. Check Settings - Screen Mirroring - Mirroring Devices
If your PC has been added to list of Blocked devices remove it from list.
tunno

Hi Cf4 I decided to start from the beginning again and went through all your useful information. Guess what IT WORKED. I am so gratefull, thank you for all your help. You are a champ.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more