CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
jtrennie32
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV & non smart TV's

Answered

I have a Samsung TV purchased over 2 years ago.  It is not a "smart" TV but does have HDMI port availability.

I would like to connect to Telstra TV and Netflix via our Telstra wifi network but am unsure how to go about it or if it is right for us.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

Jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV & non smart TV's

If you have a HDMI port, you can plug the Telstra TV into the HDMI port and would then be able to use the Telstra TV to essentially give your TV the functionality of a smart TV, it would allow you to then stream the services want.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Accepted Solution

If you have a HDMI port, you can plug the Telstra TV into the HDMI port and would then be able to use the Telstra TV to essentially give your TV the functionality of a smart TV, it would allow you to then stream the services want.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

jtrennie32

Thank you so much.  Will go ahead with purchase and try it.

Jo

Trishz
Level 3: Gumshoe

Perhaps you can help us also. We have a new Samsung smart TV. Seems there is no NRL ap.

We can still access it  via the Telstra box on our other non smart TV.

I tried to connect the box to the smart TV but the end of the connecting cord is different than your usual hdmi plug?

It doesnt seem to want to go in the back of the TV?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist.

Level 20: Director

@Trishz wrote:

Perhaps you can help us also. We have a new Samsung smart TV. Seems there is no NRL ap.

We can still access it  via the Telstra box on our other non smart TV.

I tried to connect the box to the smart TV but the end of the connecting cord is different than your usual hdmi plug?

It doesnt seem to want to go in the back of the TV?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist.

Re-check your cables and plugs, you may be trying the wrong cable to the wrong port. HDMI is a very standard format. Possibly you're looking at a USB port instead of a HDMI port?

Cheers!

chedaw

Can anyone help with the Telstra tv power cable. The end that goes into the roku 2 has broken off. Can someone please tell me what it says on the plug?
lohalin

What about if yo don’t have a HDMI port in TV
Level 20: Director

@lohalin wrote:
What about if yo don’t have a HDMI port in TV

Either read the previous posts in this thread, or get a newer TV/

Cheers!

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more