CrowdSupport®
golions23
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra TV and 9NOW no longer working

Answered

Hi - is anyone else having issues with 9 now no longer working on telstra TV.  It asks for activation, when you do this online it makes no differnce?  was working yesterday/  Now there is no NOW!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jinko
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV and 9NOW no longer working

Hi All,

Found a fix. Just go to 9now.com.au/activate on your computer and enter the code that comes on in telstra tv when you try to watch program, I put it in as it shows ie in upper case, and all fixed. I think you only have to activate once as checked couple of other programs and all good.

Cheers

Jinko

View solution in original post

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi All,

I hopped onto our test Telstra TV and I also had difficulties with registering. The 9Now activate website showed that the registration was successful but the Telstra TV kept prompting to complete the registration.

I found that after creating a 9Now account, I needed to go into my email account where there was an email from 9Now to complete the verification of the email account and then log in.

I then went back to the TV, refreshed to get a new Activation code and once I entered this into https://9now.com.au/activate. I refreshed the Telstra TV and it was then successful.

I hope this helps.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
79 REPLIES 79
Jimbo73
Level 1: Cadet

Yes I have tried tonight it ask's you to login with password with  6  figures long on 9now.com.au/activate and it asks for a 8 figures  when you try to  login

MaggieAtsi

Mine is no longer working.  When is Telstra going to put something out on how to fix this? Is it channel 9 or Telstra responsible?

booger1

still not working

jinko

Mine isn't working not now either, couldn't evn work out how to add code on via telstra tv! All other chanels working fine so maybe it's a 9now issue?? Don't really care whose fault it is just want it fixed. 

Kr8

Mine is not working and when contacting Telstra to they say "ooh must be nine now as it would not be us". If it runs through them then someone fix it and not just pass the buck.

Callie280471

Mine not working either been 2 days now so annoying I went online and put the code in but still not working all other channels working is Telstra going to give us a fix for this problem ?
Di10

Does anyone know if or when this problem will be fixed ?

Us4bris

Yes, I'm having the same issues.  Would love to know the solution.

Butcher

Yes it's happening to me too. Telstra can we please have feedback on the progress of this situation
jinko
Accepted Solution

Hi All,

Found a fix. Just go to 9now.com.au/activate on your computer and enter the code that comes on in telstra tv when you try to watch program, I put it in as it shows ie in upper case, and all fixed. I think you only have to activate once as checked couple of other programs and all good.

Cheers

Jinko

Kr8

Tried that but still cannot login as it is saying "must be at least 8 characters"
Bethanalot

I am having the same problems but only with some shows it ask me to go online and enter a code, Havent gone online and tried the code . I wasnt sure whether i should or not

Inkkd

Mine is still not working , rang Telstra , its 9nows issue.😤 Does anyone know any way other. Than email to contact them?

Tj4

Activated through the website it says (after several goes), now had ads- sucks!!
Tess1234

Hi everyone, think I have found a fix. Worked for mine anyway.

Go to 9now home screen then press * on your remote and it will give you the option to login that way. Still need to go to website and put in activation code but works doing it that way. 

Good luck!!!  😊😊

Debbidoo
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hmmm ok Tess will give that a go....fingers crossed!
calix

Hi,

I think 9now is now requiring users to sign up and register for a 9now account to use the app. Just visit 9now.com.au/activate and it will prompt you to Log-in if you have an existing 9now account if not you can register by clicking "Create Profile" located below the Log-in button. Complete the registration and once done it will automatically give you the page where in you can type the code provided by the 9now app. If not, you can just retype 9now.com.au/activate again on the address bar and it will ask for the code. Once you have completed this 9now will automatically work on the Telstra TV. 

Debbidoo

Already registered and believe me have tried the whole activation process more times today than I care to count and it STILL refuses to grant me access!
Hoping someone from 9Now will respond to my query about this asap. If anyone has any other ideas please share 😊
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi All,

I hopped onto our test Telstra TV and I also had difficulties with registering. The 9Now activate website showed that the registration was successful but the Telstra TV kept prompting to complete the registration.

I found that after creating a 9Now account, I needed to go into my email account where there was an email from 9Now to complete the verification of the email account and then log in.

I then went back to the TV, refreshed to get a new Activation code and once I entered this into https://9now.com.au/activate. I refreshed the Telstra TV and it was then successful.

I hope this helps.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ukmalb

According to the info from my Telstra TV box the 9Now app is Version 2.2, 28 October 2016, Developer TELSTRA!

So can't understand why Tesltra should be passing the buck.

Anyone claiming to have successfully entered the 6 digit code please explain in detail the steps you took how you did it - when I go to 9now.com.au/activate it asks me to login or register for a regular 9now account - nothing related to Telstra TV as far as I can see.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi ukmalb,

You will need to register a 9Now account in order to access this app on the Telstra TV, that same as is required when using the 9Now app on a tablet, smart phone or computer.

Once you complete the registration you will need to check your mailbox for an email from 9Now. Once you have used the verification link, log into 9Now is your logon details. You will then need to go to https://9now.com.au/activate and enter in a new code from the Telstra TV. 

Once accepted, refresh and you should now be able to view these programs.

- Shelly

ukmalb

OK, I have managed to activate now

On your computer go to 9now.com.au/activate

register your details - name, postcode, DOB and set a password

when propmted enter activation code for the Telstra TV 9now 6-digit code

activation takes a few seconds

Debbidoo

Ok I've managed to get in....here's what I did:
After creating new account with 9Now and verifying email, went back to tv, clicked the 9Now app, and then clicked on the "option" button * (on the Telstra tv remote)
From here I scrolled down to "log in" got the activation code and followed the usual prompts. Took a couple of times but it worked!
ukmalb

Now we have the 9now app working ok it would be great if during the ad breaks we had only one sequence of ads instead of multiple repetitions of the same sequence or of  multiple repetitions of an ad fragment. 

Ellierose

When go to 9now.com.au/activate it tells me to create account then won't accept my birth month 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ellierose,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using 9Now. The best place to ask about this would be using 9Now's help service, which I believe is here:

https://9now.zendesk.com/hc/en-au

Kyliechris72

We have done all that you have said and still Nine now does not work.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Kyliechris72,

Have you been able to contact the 9Now help service to have this looked into further as yet? This team can be contacted via the following link as advised by Dylan:

https://9now.zendesk.com/hc/en-au

Please do let us know how you go having this raised with them? 

Highlighted
ghosty

Hi 

I dont seem to be abble connect to the link for activating the 9now app. It appears my telstra moden wont connect to the website. how do i ativate it? 

Ellierose

Working now followed Jinko instructions went to computer entered code and it worked,thanks for the help 

ghosty

I did manage to log in activate aftef numerous attempts. But when I got out of the app and went back in it asked for log in again do you have to go through this every time you want to watch 9now? 

rayc11

hi gys, im not tech head, but how frustrated am i right now i have followed all of the instructions and created an account with 9Now and still can not activate on my telstra tv.    HELP HELP HELP.  u just want to watch tv.  wher to next is there a quick fix/patch.  Please advise

thanks

HollyB

I just went around in circles too. But went back to my email to verify. With the email link "verify email" it will take to your profile, you need to hit "Update Profile" and it will refresh. Then the activation code will work!!! Good Luck

Ellierose

I found you have to create sn account with 9now go on to your computer or phone enter the code and it should work
Joy9

Thanks to everyone on here.  Great job.  I found the only way it worked was to update my 9now profile then enter code.  After 2 hours and calls I found this topic and you are geniuses.  Persistence pays off.  Thank you all

tlgord

i have tried doing what the solve said but it still isn't working.

iget to the refresh part and it just comes up with a new code

Evan27

Anyone having issues, use www.9now.com.au/activate, NOT  9now.com.au/activate or https://9now.com.au/activate

Leave the activation code on the screen of Telstra TV and within a minute or two of activating the code on a PC it will automatically activate and 9now will return to the home screen.

Why do they call this Telstra TV, when it isn't a TV, Telstra Streaming would be a better name for the product. The name is more akin to calling a DVD or bluray player a TV.

Ashrya

Don't refresh go back to menu and select ninenow. It works but it now has advertisements.
Ashrya

Does everyone who has TelstrA tv when watching ninenow have adds?
Previously when watching ninenow there were no adds ...
Kazz322

Hi our 9Now wasn't working, what I did was- log out on our iPad then logged back in went to the activation screen and put in the info that they put on the tv waited until it said now activated on website, pushed refresh on tv and it worked. Hope this helps 

Lou_cris

Yes, just fixed the login problem thanks to Shellock's instructions! Thanks for that! Just had to create a new account. But now there are ads when before there weren't. Not very happy with that. But glad it's working again. Thanks Shellock! Smiley Happy
Raejan369

Just solved this.  Log in to 9now site in your computer.  If you are not registered you will need to do this.  Once you are logged in you will be asked to enter the code shown on your TV.  This is case sensitive. You will then be taken to your program.

lynnk1946

I have gone to 9now.com.au/activate   but absolutely no joy at all could not find anywhere to put the code in they gave me on the screen tried various different ways no joy, to be honest I feel very frustrated with whole thing.  I dont know why they just couldn't have left it how it was, one minute it's there next everytings changed and obviously not for the better going by other letters I've read.

mich6

This was the thing that worked for me also!!! Thank you!
mich6

Go to app, pick show, press * go to login and try it that way... only thing that worked for me
Eoin

This absolutely worked this way. Thanks heaps
Juzzyd1

This one does work

supertone

We seem to be having the same problem with 9Now.  The help desk has been of no helpl at all.  4 emails with the samee computer generated response!

supertone

I followed Shellock's instructions.  Managed to get 9now, but only whilst the computer was on!  Will deactivate account and try again!!

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now