CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Gin69
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV and 9NOW no longer working

Hi, every time I try to watch 9Now app on Telstra TV, it plays one ad & a few seconds of the show before the Telstra TV resets itself.  I've tried a factory reset on my Telstra TV but am still having the same problem.  Has anyone found a fix for this problem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
LachJohn1
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Telstra TV and 9NOW no longer working

Apologies for this inconvenience. Investigations are continuing into this error and we hope to have a resolution soon.

In the meantime, could you please provide us with the following details:

• Is it a Telstra TV 1 or Telstra TV 2 device?
  • What is your Telstra TV Device ID, serial number & software version:
    • Go to Home Menu > Settings > System > About
  • Is it only the 9Now app that this happens to?
  • Please send through the app name, version & build number that this error happens to:
    • Go to Home Menu > 'My Apps', highlight the app in question and press the * key on your remote
  • What programs have produced this error?
  • Was there any interaction with the device or TV when the error occurred, such as changing the volume or picture settings?
  • What is the manufacturer and model of your TV?
  • What was the date and approx. time when this last happened?
Keats05

I have had the same problem as Gin re Channel9 NOW App. It only happens with one TV series (Doctor Doctor) It plays the advertisement & then only a minute or two before dropping out. Very frustrating!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Keats05,

Have you tried going through the information above posted by @LachJohn1 to see if that helps or provide a little more info so they can investigate further. 

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Keats05

Hi Alistair
Yes - And to answer one of the questions - the 9NOW - Version 3.0.build 25
Plus I also tried viewing on my Mac & it did the same thing.
Keats05

PS. It only happens with the series DOCTOR DOCTOR... crazy huh!? It needs a Doctor!! Smiley Happy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you are getting the same issue on another device with that program then the best plan would be contacting 9NOW as it would not be an issue related to their content rather than the TelstraTV.

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Keats05

Thanks... Shall do.
Gin69

Hi BPMovies

Sorry for the late reply. Following is a list of answers to your questions:

* I'm not sure whether its a Telstra TV 1 or Telstra TV 2 device.
* Device ID - 4200TL - Telstra TV; Serial Number - 5X4590005217;
Software Version - 7.7.3. build 4117-21
* It appears to only happen to the 9Now app, everything else I watch on the Telstra TV has worked fine.
* App Name - 9Now; Version - 3.0; Build - 25
* It happens to all the programmes I try to play on the 9Now app
* There has been no changing of volume or picture settings - when I try to play a show it plays the ad, then a few seconds of the show then it will either go back to the Telstra TV Home page or the Telstra TV completely resets itself.
* My TV is a Soniq Qasa
* The last time I tried & it happened was 28/12/2017 at 10.20am.

Hoping there is a resolution soon. Cheers!
Johnlee594
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi there, I experienced the same issue and reported Telstra TV freezes issue multiple times when playing contents. It is not only happens in only one app as well. It might due to the content formatting or codec issue. Telstra TV support team promised to contact me multiple times but it did not happen.
Not sure what should do next. I am using Telstra TV1, does anyone having same issue on Telstra TV2, if there is not, could TV1 to be replaced? Thanks.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now