CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Unsure86user
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Telstra TV and 9NOW no longer working

Thought I was doing something wrong until I read this page.  Taped a show Sunday night on 92, it was on later than it should have been and although I allowed an extra 20 minutes at the end it wasn't enough so missed the end.  Last night tried to see it on Telstra T.V and after I clicked on to see the show the sign in page etc came up.  Went to the computer to sign up and still couldn't get it.  Wont bother with Nine on the Telstra T.V after this, rarely watch it anyway these days.  Did however manage to see the missed end of the taped show on the computer.

supertone
Level 1: Cadet

Have finally worked out how to get 9now on our TV.  Went to Yahoo and entered "9now on Telsta TV".  A heading came up "Can I watch 9now on my TV? -Help|9now.  I followed the instructions, received the email and, whala!!!, it worked.

Kaz42

HI, I am having same problem as above.  Installed Telstra TV last night, success with everything except 9Now app.  I already had a 9 Now account, so I went to the www.9now.com.au/activate site, it asked me to login, did this, I put the six digit code in, it tells me activation successful, but then I refresh the Telstra TV and it keeps asking me to do the same thing, with a different code.  Have tried absolutely every permutation of this via the suggestions above but still have no solution.  Can anyone help?

TTVboy
Level 3: Gumshoe

I've found that the Channel 9 website can take ages for the activation code to work.  Sometime can be less than a minute, sometime 20-30mins.

chakata

when you join up you will need to accept some of the conditions such as weekly email for programs otherwise it will not generate an email to you which is needed to validate your email address ...then if you enter the code the telsta tv will go to next step  in process and allow you to watch episodes on 9NOW

Anasen

How I got mine to work is delete the app and then reinstall it and put code in and it should work...it did me me.
ron44

only 6 diddit code number comes up for 9now

Sammy-T84

Don't keep refreshing your Telstra TV when you press activate on your phone or laptop. It will automatically take you back to the 9Now home page and then you'll be good to go.
Sala1

I was having the same problem finally figured out how to get it working.

• Make sure you have the 9now app installed on your mobile or tablet
  • Log into the app on your mobile or tablet by selecting Log in from the drop down menu. If you are setting up your 9now account for the first time, once you have entered your details make sure you check your emails as Nine will send you an email asking you to verify your email address. Do this first before you complete the steps below.
  • Now go to your Telstra TV and select the episode you want to watch on 9now on your TV
  • Select login and it will bring up your activation code.
  • On your mobile or tablet that you have already logged into the 9now app, select Link Device from the drop down menu and enter the activation code then select continue. Once it says your activation is successful give it 10 to 30 seconds and your TV will change from displaying the activation code to loading the episode and you're ready to watch. 

geff

tried that not working

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@geff - There have been a number of suggestions on this thread. Can you please specify what you are experiencing, what steps you have tried and what error message you are currently seeing? 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ph31

I'm having problems with my Telstra TV I have activated it it asks for 8 numbers but only gives me 6 numbers how can I fix it

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi ph31, 

Have you tried entering the 6 numbers into the activation page to see if it accepts the code?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Sar1

Done that still doesn't work
Sar1

You need to download 9now app on you smart device go to menu hit link device put that code that appears on you Telstra Tv and it will then connect
Sooozie49

Thank you very helpful & it worked Smiley Happy

Tassytank

I too have faced the evil that is the NineNow app.

Last night I wanted to watch an episode of Murder calls. Thats all I wanted to do.

Two and a half  HOURS later I just wanted to murder whoever wrote the NineNow app.

I start the app on the Telstra TV box, it gives me a code to enter.

So I go to my computer, and attempt to go to the page mentioned on the Telstra TV box. (www.9Now.com.au/activate)

it keeps re-directing me to the login page.

So I logged in. Straight onto the site, full access to ALL programs. You Beaut!! pity it was only on my computer....

I go back into the loungeroom, the message to activate is still sitting there on the screen.

So I logged out on the computer, and logged in again. Straight onto the NineNow website, no where to even enter an activation code.

So I looked on the Telstra crowd support page and tried cancelling my NineNow profile altogether,

(as suggested by someone)

and then try re-installing it from scratch. STILL no where to enter an unlock code,

still went straight onto the website full access etc...etc... so I gave up, as it was now 2:30 in the morning.

Today I tried again. I reckon I logged in and out 10 times at NineNow  on my computer,

then on the 11th attempt it asked for an unlock code from the Telstra TV box.

I nearly fell off my chair in shock.

I entered the code and I heard the program start in the loungeroom... Woo Hoo!

BUT.... when I finished watching that program I then went to the Yahoo 7 app and watched another show. (MKR)

Later I went to watch another show on NineNow and once again its asking me to enter an activation code.

SURELY I don't have to go to my computer and enter a fresh code EVERY TIME I want to use the NineNow app,

do I?

And the worst of it is the enter activation code page isn't showing AGAIN.

Whenever I log on to NineNow it just goes straight onto the site, full access,every time now

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Tassytank

Once you have logged in on the browser to the 9now page you should be taken straight to the code page. If you are not logged into the browser the you will hit the login page first. 

If it is not directing you to this page then maybe try another browser or even a mobile browser as it should not redirect to the normal catchup page using the activate link unless you click on the logos.

Once you enter the code it may take 30 secs to a minute on the Telstra TV to sync up and you will not have to activate again. If you go back before then you will have to go back and activate the new code. 

You can force the Telstra TV device to log out by going into the * and selecting log out.

- AlistairQWA

Tassytank

Riiight.......

Nope, didn't work.

Although I have today found a sort-of-workaround for the non-appearing NineNow activate page, on my computer.

I found that once I was actually logged in to NineNow and on the access page (https://www.9now.com.au)

if I went up to the current page web address displayed and added  /activate to the end,

it then took me to the correct page, accepted the code and the telstra tv box starts up around in the loungeroom.

but thats soon gonna get tedious if I have to do that each time I want to use NineNow.

Eleonore54

I am now having this problem of watching shows via free view keeps asking for login & password. Why??? Never had this before!!! I want to watch my shows but I can't. It is only on channel 9 programs.
Any suggestions to rectify this problem?
Eleonore
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Eleonore54, 

A reset of the unit might fix the issue but if not please call 1300 136 841 and we can look into this for you. 

fran456

After put to 6 did get code about 10 times still don't get 9 gem life etc just the replays of channel 9 how do we get the live tv and same with play 10 we get all channels 7s live fine thanks
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi fran456

The Telstra TV doesn't offer live free to air services for Channel 9 sorry - it just offers catch up options. 

Broadcasters can choose to offer this within their apps if they'd like to broadcast a live stream over the internet, however Channel 9 haven't chosen to offer this, at this stage. 

cameronoconnell

Luna15

I have spoken to Telstra and they said its not their responsibility. There are no contact numbers for 9now so I have just given up on trying to watch it. I have put my email and password in to start account and it states that they are going to send me a password. I have never received on yet ... very frustrating

Support Team
Support Team

Luna15, 

I use this feature myself at home & suggest trying to activate/log-in here https://www.9now.com.au/activate

Let me know how you go.

Angela 

wismanandy
Level 3: Gumshoe

can i use the one 9now account on 2 Telstra TV devices, simultaneously or even individually?

or do i have to create another nine account to use the second TTV?

BB20

So frustrated mine hasn't worked for weeks!!
pollianna

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now