BronSt
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV away from home

Answered

Can our Telstra TV box be used in a hotel by simply using their wifi? Will our apps and accounts still be visible? 

Will this affect how our Tesltra TV works when we connect it again at home? Is there an easier way to watch our netflix account in a hotel with no smart tv?

We will be stuck in the hotel room for a whole day and are hoping to pass the time.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV away from home

As long as the Hotel WiFi does not require you to sign in the Telstra TV and all its apps should work. You will be able to use your Netflix account. When you get home you just need to reconnect to your home WiFi network.

The only other way to watch netflix on the big screen is to take a laptop with a HDMI port.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

As long as the Hotel WiFi does not require you to sign in the Telstra TV and all its apps should work. You will be able to use your Netflix account. When you get home you just need to reconnect to your home WiFi network.

The only other way to watch netflix on the big screen is to take a laptop with a HDMI port.

I am also finding it more common for Hotels to have TVs with casting functionality such as chomecast built in, which would also allow to cast it from a phone, tablet or laptop.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now