Highlighted
carllang2
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra TV -can't rent a bigpond movie

Answered

Hi, I received m new Telstra TV box with my upgraded plan Friday 1-7-16 and finally set it up on the Saturday. All apps work but when I open up Bigpond Movies it gets to the read terms blah blah and then the tab for  "I am over 18 etc: it won’t go any further. I can hit skip this step and see movies but as soon as I hit Rent it goes back to the Agree to Terms etc. I Spent Saturday night on Live Chat, no good, four hours on Sunday getting hand balled to Telstra support and told it’s a Bigpond Movies issue. another 4 plus hours on Monday. Same result. Reset the box six times same issues. Argued both weekdays and managed to get put through (so they told me) to Bigpond tech support, both times the person said hello and instantly hung up. I was told regularly I would have to wait  to 5 to 10 working days. Yep that is service, brand new product and care factor not there. Tuesday went to Telstra shop and spoke with a helpful person on the phone here in Australia. He had the same result, called support and got the same hand ball that is not this departments issue. Anyway, it’s a principal that one should get a service they have signed up for. As the local guy was so so helpful I am hanging on waiting for someone from somewhere unknown to call back. I even set up a complete new Telstra ID. Still same issue. Anyone had the same issue and found the fix please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carllang2
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV -can't rent a bigpond movie

Final Update- Issue solved.

After recontacting Telstra Tv  they confirmed a job was logged with Bigoond as they were certain it wasnt the Telstra TV issue. People i spoke  with this time were in Aus. Had a return call from Telstra Tv the next day to say they have tried to push it through but sadly their hands were tied. 

Left it at that. Every night I would try to log on and then last Wednesday 24th it worked. Big pond called the Friday to tell me they have fixed it. I asked what the problem was that took all this time and it was a simple reset of my account at their end. Makes you wonder  what was being done for all that time. 

Anyway i said to the girl that i was promised some movie credits and she said all she could give me $12..  Lol she credit 3x $2.99. Oh well all working now.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
31 REPLIES 31
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi carllang2, 

You mentioned that you skipped a step in the Terms and Conditions tab.  Did you do this every time that you preformed a setup on your Telstra TV after resetting it? If so this could be the issue.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

carllang2

Hi,
No. What I meant was I can continue to click on the I am over 18 tab and nothing happenn, it won't move past that point. I can arrow down to the tab below which is the Skip for now tab, this one let's me see the movies available, I can watch the trailers but can't rent the movie.
carllang2

Hi Kenobi,
It would seem more like the Telstra TV or Bigpond movies is not recognising my payment options thus why it won't move past that tab.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi carllang2, 

have you tried to rent a bigpond movie using your bigpond movie membership via a computer or tablet? If this works then it would indicate that your bigpond movie membership is working ok and the issue lies with the Telstra TV. 

We have recently been advised that we are investigating an issue preventing some Telstra TV devices from completing activation.

-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

carllang2

Hi Ern,

If I hook up my t-box from my previous plan, I can still rent a movie ok. I havent tried to hire through to PC or tablet. will give that ago tonight.

Regards  

Support Team
Support Team

Hi carllang2, 

if you are able to rent movies ok via your T-Box using your BigPond Movie membership, I'd have to conclude the issue is most likely with the Telstra TV. As mentioned we have been made aware that investigations are being carried out on some Telstra TV devices not having completed the activation. This may be the reason yours is not moving past that point. Please be patient with us while our technicians identify and fix the issue. 

We understand that disruptions like this are frustrating and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

-Ern

carllang2

Hi,

I spoke on the phone Monday with a Telstra tech re the Telstra Tv box. He said the issues with the boxes are not around my issue, however, after my insisting that a new Telstra TV box be sent they have sent one. Arrived yestreday, so I have been ask to contact them for them to deactivate my old box and then we'll see if the new box fixes the issue. I will update once completed.

Regards  Carl.

carllang2

UPDATE:

So no resolution. Telstra deactivated old box and we set up new one. They entered the activation code their end to ensure all was correct. It stopped at the same spot. They contacted Bigpond Movies support who told them that they are looking into this issue, (it sounds as if more and more people are having this happen).

So based on the new box doing the same it is Bigpond Movies problem. I have asked if they can confirm if my payment options are liked to this Telstra TV, but again this would appear to be BigPond Movies department.

My fault has been logged from the first time and has been escalated. I am today on day 9 of the 5 to 10 working days that they will contact me. As I may have mentioned before, what happens if they call when I am not home, ie work, how will they be able to run through the process if I am not here to operate the device?

Anyway let’s see if they contact me before day 10 is up.

carllang2

UPDATE # 2

Bigpond Movies tech called this afternoon, you guessed it I was not at home to keep them on the phone to go through the process. Anyway they asked me to restart the box, check software updates, if it didnt work then do the factory reset and try that. Told them this has been done all before but they sent a email with those instructions and advised they needed to go through the process first, if that fails contact them by phone or email. So followed the request and still the same. I have replied to their email ( help@bigpondmovies.com ) and hopefully I will hear back tomorrow.

carllang2

UPDATE  # 3

Venting time! How can a company as big as Telstra continue to provide an inferior support service. The poor front line people basically are limited to dot  point procedures and get all the frustrations from customers. Its no longer about not being able to hire a movie, I can live without that, it is a principle that we as a Nation are paying for a product and we are not being provided a fit for purpose product. Its not a matter of saying they are sorry and here is $6.99 on your hire account. Anyway, time to stop my rant.

So, I sent an email, no response, I just got the phone and went through the whole story of what my issue is again! Next step is I am waiting on an email to supply further details such as firmware version on the box, like this should have been weeks ago, anyway back on track, once  I respond to that email the poor guy on the other end advised it will be escalated again and could take the standard 5 to 10 working days.  Unfortunately for him that is what he has to commit to. 

I have been hanging in on this simply to be the pain in the butt person pushing them to resolve the problems with everyones Telstra TV.  Not much I can do over the weeknd but perhaps time to boot Telstra and try Optus who Netflix have listed as there fastest speed provider.  Current Affair, I think it was, reported the huge % in dollars higher Telstra  is charging for a premium service yet not providing. 

carllang2

UPDATE # 4

I have looked at other options however in my area with no NBN it is extremely limited. With that said I have had ongoing discussions with Telstra (both sides) and eventually got hold of someone who asked questions about my Telstra TV box software and firmware versions, the date and time I tried to hire movies. So keep that in mind that you will need to note the dates and times.

Anyway to try to cut the story short, he told me he would send this info through to the Bigpond Tech support team, and it would take up to 5 to 10 working days for someone to contact me. (5 days gone already). Friday July 29th I called a different department all together, the cancellation team. Very helpful but obviously not tech support. What the guy on the end said to me was it is showing in the system as Resolved, the last person I spoke with had marked the issue as fixed. Hmmmmm, perhaps if this is what has been happening this could be why I have to repeat everything each time i call someone.

He said he would trigger it again so hoping some action will be taken.

As a point I tried logging onto Bigpond Movies via the web and it didn't recognise me so I had to setup a new account using my Bigpond email) but put in new payment details then I could hire a movie. I factory reset TV box hoping that this would link to that new setup but still the same issue.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi carllang2, 

Have you been able to speak to Telstra TV Faults team since you tried the new sign up? If you are able to log into the BigPond movie account on a computer, yet having an issue on the Telstra TV, it would indicate an issue with the device or the app itself. 

carllang2

Hi Ivan,

I truely beleive the fault is with the app, since i have the second Telstra TV box in place and same fault occurs.

Since setting up the web based app I havent contacted Telstra Tv support. Previous to the web base movie hire I was able to still hire via my Old T-Box and discussed this with Telstra TV support. They still felt it was a Big Pond movie problem. 

To date I still have not heard back from Big Pond movie tech support. 

Regards Carl

Support Team
Support Team

I would recommend that you do get in contact with the Telstra TV Faults team to have this tested further. They can be reached on 132200 (24/7) and saying 'Telstra TV' and then 'Faults' when asked by the automated voice.

How was it that you contacted the BigPond Movies team as they can be reached on 1800 502 502 to discuss these issues further.

carllang2

Thanks, I away from home but will recontact Telstra TV support when I return.

carllang2
Accepted Solution

Final Update- Issue solved.

After recontacting Telstra Tv  they confirmed a job was logged with Bigoond as they were certain it wasnt the Telstra TV issue. People i spoke  with this time were in Aus. Had a return call from Telstra Tv the next day to say they have tried to push it through but sadly their hands were tied. 

Left it at that. Every night I would try to log on and then last Wednesday 24th it worked. Big pond called the Friday to tell me they have fixed it. I asked what the problem was that took all this time and it was a simple reset of my account at their end. Makes you wonder  what was being done for all that time. 

Anyway i said to the girl that i was promised some movie credits and she said all she could give me $12..  Lol she credit 3x $2.99. Oh well all working now.

lissyjball
Level 2: Rookie

I know this has been a while but I am having the exact same problems. Which area finally sorted it for you? Bigpond or telstra tv faults???
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Lissyjball

We acknowledge your frustration in relation to the issues you are experiencing with BigPond Movies at present. 

To progress your concerns, please contact the BigPond Movies Team either by calling 1800502502 or you can also forward your concerns and feedback via help@bigpondmovies.com 

Kind Regards 

Soulfood187
Level 1: Cadet

Amazing. I have this issue. It is obviously a process fault. Why hasn't it been rectified? Looks like it is a lot of time on hold.
Tech_tonic

I too am experiencing this problem.  Fails to move past the acceptance button for T&C's. I sent an email to the help address a few days back, and received an automated reply indicating they would attempt to get back to me in 24 hrs.  Nothing so far; reading this thread, I think I am in for a long wait.  I have a friend that has ordered a Telstra TV to specifically watch BigPond Movies (currently owns a T Box as did I). I'll be interested to follow his experience in activating his account.

MCB_101

I am experiencing the same issue, everything is set up correctly including payment details. Is super frustrating. Anyone had any luck getting there's going yet?

AJAY1958

Hi Telstra - Please add me to the ist of not being able to get past agreeing with terms and conditions in Bigpond Movies

Telstra TV Box Ser 5X46AW040512

Alan

Support Team
Support Team

Hi there,

I recommend having a chat with our Telstra TV faults team to discuss this further. They can be called on  132200 and say ‘Telstra TV’ then ’Faults’

Let me know how you go. 

-Chris

Tech_tonic

Updating my post from a week ago, I have now been successful in login into BigPond Movies; the registration procedure worked as of this morning.  Other than an email to the help address a week ago, I did not make any further contact with Telstra by email or phone....but happily it now appears to be resolved.

AJAY1958

Mine fixed itself aswell - although I did make a call to the Bigpond Movie folks.

Absolute pleasure to speak to an Australian based consultant

Happy with the customer service 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to complete the registration.

- Shelly

midcoast

I could complete the registration but when i went to rent a movie i couldn't get past the $6.99 you click on . 

midcoast

Don't know how to edit the post . Problem solved . I did a manual activation instead of auto activation and it is now working 

raging-bull

I am new to Telstra TV and have had nothing but issues with it since it was installed and during activation, so I called Telstra and it was activated by the Telstra operator and I thought that would be it.

I tried to get a movie from Bigpond Movies and had to go online to register and accept the offer, all good that's done so I hired a movie paid for it with the credit (thanks Telstra) I had 24 hours or something to watch it, but how do you watch it as it just stops there at the rental page.

The 24 hours is long past and I'm still searching for answers, and after going around and around the help page with help links that lead back to first help page over and over. (I don't think they want to help) I get nowhere so here I am.

Anyone know what to do? As so far for me TELSTRA TV isn't worth the trouble.

Might just go back to the Video store for my movies.

Level 20: Director

@raging-bull wrote:

Might just go back to the Video store for my movies.

Good luck with that, their isn't many left Smiley Wink

Cheers!

raging-bull

I failed to mention that I checked my Library many times as well and the movie was not there.

So I called the Tech support guys, can't knock them they are trying to help, so we went through the Reset and reboot process again, logged into Bigpond Mpvies, Purchased a movie again with my credit card details entered.

Same thing, no movie in the Library all while the Tech was on the phone, so i guess they are still having issues with the "Bigpond Movies" delivery system.

Has anyone ever had success with this or is it an intermittant issue?

On another thing I am having phone call drop outs where the signal just dissappears when talking to on the phone, happened while I was talking to the Tech.

Another NBN / Telstra communications problem, anyone have this problem?

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now