CrowdSupport®
KaznE
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV iView issue

Answered
Hi I’m having the same problem. The iView app on my new Telstra TV won’t load. I also notice that there’s no FreeView app? So I don’t think any way to access catch up TV for ABC?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV iView issue

ABC iview know about the problem and have passed it on to there developers for a solution. In the mean time you could use a PC to cast ABC iview to the Telstra TV.

The Telstra TV supports miracast. Most PC and late android devices also support Miracast. You can connect to ABC iview using a browser on a PC and the ABC iview app on an android device. The screen of the PC can be cast to to the Telstra TV using miracast.

On an android device might have install an casting app such as screen cast. On Samsung device can use smart view which is available in the list of shortcuts that are available by swiping down from the top of the screen.

On a PC you can enable screen casting by going to Settings > Devices > Add a device > Wireless display or dock

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

ABC iview know about the problem and have passed it on to there developers for a solution. In the mean time you could use a PC to cast ABC iview to the Telstra TV.

The Telstra TV supports miracast. Most PC and late android devices also support Miracast. You can connect to ABC iview using a browser on a PC and the ABC iview app on an android device. The screen of the PC can be cast to to the Telstra TV using miracast.

On an android device might have install an casting app such as screen cast. On Samsung device can use smart view which is available in the list of shortcuts that are available by swiping down from the top of the screen.

On a PC you can enable screen casting by going to Settings > Devices > Add a device > Wireless display or dock

planet1
Level 2: Rookie

iView Support has let me know that the issue is now resolved, and the iView app has been updated. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the patience while we were working on the Telstra TV issue.

We have just released a fix for the issue and you can be up and viewing again after updating the firmware on your Telstra TV device.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now