steve-22
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra TV keeps dropping out, loss of signal

Over the past week we have had multiple drop outs with our Testra Tv, with a complete loss of WiFi signal. Re stetting both the unit and the NBN Modem does not work and generally we just have to wait for it to come back which is frustrating as this happens 2-5 times a night. I have 2 lap-tops and a tablet and none of them have any problems with the WiFi We have had our Telstra TV for over 2 years and not really had any problems until the past week or so. Has any one experienced any thing similar? If i cant get it fixed no doubt i will have to try and phone some one to get a replacement unit

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
steve-22

Re: Telstra TV keeps dropping out, loss of signal

An update for this,
Spoke to testra tv support tech, was informed i would need to be at home to help diagnose problem. i was told that he would email me a phone number i could contact him direct on and we organised a time (4:30pm) for me to call.
8:00pm...NO EMAIL AND NO PHONE CALL AND STILL DONT HAVE A WORKING TELSTRA TV UNIT

TYPICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

On your modem, you could try disabling band steering and then connecting the Telstra TV to the 2.4GHz wifi network. It may give you a stable connection.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Steve-22, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

You may be experiencing drop outs with your Telstra TV because it's not getting a strong enough signal. 
Try these tips for improving your wi-fi signal here: https://tel.st/mqzer or you can try connecting your Telstra TV to your modem using an Ethernet cable.

Let me know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

steve-22

Thanks for the help, i've moved the modem closer to the Telstra TV unit and it appears to be working for now.
It's not a convenient position but at least it's working better for now.
Support Team
Support Team

Glad to hear this @steve-22

If you need any further assistance, we're here on social and Crowd Support 24x7. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

steve-22

went away for easter, came back and the unit s not working again, clean line of site (only 5mtrs) between the modem and the unit and it can't pick up a signal,
not a good situation, how do i go about getting a new unit????
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @steve-22,

I'm so sorry that your Telstra TV isn't working, this is certainly disappointing. You can purchase a new Telstra TV here https://tel.st/8gqdn, or over the phone with our sales team on 13 22 00. It may be worth speaking with our Telstra TV support team though (13 22 00, just request "Telstra TV" and then "faults") as they may be able to discuss other options with you as well. 

Please let me know how you go.

steve-22

Hi CodaR and thanks for the response,
i wont purchase a new one as this item was supplied as part of my NBN package and is still under warranty and therefore should be replaced with out cost and in fact i should be asking for a credit on my bills as this has been going on for a month and we have not been able to watch any thing used by it (NEXTFLIX etc) plus i have never been able to watch normal tv through it as it could never tune in to any TV channels.

The phone number you supplied is the one i contacted in the first place and was told that i would be contacted later by a tech who maybe able to help, that never happened.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for clarifying that, steve. If it's still under warranty you can replace the unit (still using the same 13 22 00 number and requesting Telstra TV Faults). I apologise that you didn't receive your callback, that's really disappointing. I would suggest calling through again and speaking with the Telstra TV team in regards to this, they need to discuss replacing or repairing the unit you have.

Please let us know how you go. 

steve-22

Hi CodaR,
I spoke to support this afternoon and between us figured out that the HDMI cable was faulty, replaced it with a spare one and everything is working ok. Not sure why the cable is faulty but happy that every thing is ok.
Thank you for all your help and advice Smiley Happy
Support Team
Support Team

Happy to help any way we can, Steve. Just glad to know you're back up and running. Please let us know if there's anything else we need to address; have a great day. - Matthew.

CounterParty
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV (Version 1) with HFC:

I reported problem to Telstra. They indicated it was a KNOWN problem and suggested I connect via ethernet cable. They were liaising with ROKU for a fix.

Connecting via ethernet was not a viable solution, so I did the following:

1. Upgraded Firmware on Smart Modem Gen 2 (Arcadyan LH1000) to version 0.07.05r.

2. Reset Telstra TV to Factory Settings and re-installed software.

3. Switched off the 2.4GHz Radio and connected only with 5GHz Radio.

So far, so good.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now