Highlighted
DarrenW2
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV live TV not working

Hi,
my Telstra TV unit is not allowing me to access live tv anymore. I’ve tried plugging antenna cable back in, restarting, resetting, factory resetting and new channel search but nothing has worked so far. When I select the live tv tab It seems to start to load up but then fails and I get a message on the top the screen saying something along the lines of ‘specified channel is not available’.
Can you please help me out with a solution?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV live TV not working

Hi DarrenW2. Thanks for coming through. Sorry to hear of your frustrations with the TV tuner. Do other streaming options work okay? Can you get onto Foxtel Now, Netflix or the FTA catchup channels? I'd be interested to know the extent of the problem - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Phil_Preston

Hi, I have same problem. My streaming is working fine and the antenna connects properly. Am able to scan for channels fine but then it says "The Specified Channel Is Not Available" up the top of the screen and hangs forever while it says "Tuning In".

JMOL1
Level 2: Rookie

I have exactly the same problem  Surely there must be a fix for this.

Ilduce
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi,

I also have the same problem

JMOL1
Level 2: Rookie

I read in another thread to go to the Home screen then arrow across and down to where there is a picture of LiveTV Now and click OK on that. Then the Live TV will start to work.

Ilduce
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks, it is fine now took about three power reset to get it working
Ellie1976

Thanks, that worked for me.
Emma48

that didn't work for me Live TV still not working but everything else is

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Emma48,

I recommend doing a factory reset (https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/telstra-tv/factory-reset-a-telstra-tv-devi...). If this doesn't help, please speak with our technical support team on 132200 (say "Telstra TV Faults").

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now