CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV not connecting to Wifi

I have been sent 2 new telstra TV boxes and they both don't connect to the WIFI. Used ethernet to update software. Works if i use ethernet but not WIFI.

Currently have cable from wall to my modem on a dining chair then ethernet cable from that to another dining chair that has the telstra TV box. Surely in 2020 a device that has WIFI ability actually works?

All i want it to have my telstra box to connect via wifi so no cable i can trip over.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra TV not connecting to Wifi

Have you tried disabling band steering in the modem. By default both WiFi bands have the same WiFi SSID. Some devices can't connect if the 5 GHz WiFi and 2.4 GHz WiFi have the same SSID. With band steering disabled -5G is added to the end of the 5 GHz WiFi band.

To disable band steering open a Web browser on a device connected to modem and go to http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra. Go to WiFI and on the 2.4 GHz WiFi settings remove tick next band steering and save settings.

Highlighted

Hi cf4,

Just tried that and same error of 014.40

Highlighted

What model is the modem and what is its firmware no. If you have a Gen 2 modem this is displayed on LHS of modems log in page.

Highlighted

Hi Cf24

Does this make sense?

I have Gen 2 Modem with FW version: 0.09.11r

Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Hi - If you have changed the Wi-Fi password on your modem, try resetting it to Factory Default through the modems' GUI screens and then carefully check and re-enter the modem's default Wi-Fi password. That code seems to be associated with incorrect password in Roku which is essentially what Telstra TV is based on.

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-net...

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more