Highlighted
SamPal
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV on existing ROKU players

Answered

Is it possible to have Telstra TV on existing ROKU players. I already have a ROKU and wondering if I can get Telstra TV on to the ROKU (as an app from ROKU appstore). As I am an HomePlan XL user, just wanted to check if I can get Telstra TV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV on existing ROKU players

Telstra TV is not an app, it's the actual box itself, a Roku rebadged for Telstra. As a "powered by Roku" device, it's customised for Telstra to include the subset of apps it offers. There is no app that will add the same subset of apps onto an existing Roku. 

You would need to buy the box from Telstra to get the feature set it offers.

Cheers!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Telstra TV is not an app, it's the actual box itself, a Roku rebadged for Telstra. As a "powered by Roku" device, it's customised for Telstra to include the subset of apps it offers. There is no app that will add the same subset of apps onto an existing Roku. 

You would need to buy the box from Telstra to get the feature set it offers.

Cheers!

Level 21: Augmented

As datalore777 said they are not the same.

I think what you are referring to is the Australian channels, they are marked as private and are not available for non-TelstraTV devices.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now