Highlighted
Rosie17
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra TV outage

Answered

Can anyone please tell me where on the Telstra site I can find out about Telstra TV outages, and how long the outage will be for.

My Telstra TV has been non-usable for a number of hours now, with this message on the screen on my Home Page:

Telstra Home is currently unavailable due to technical issues.  Please try again shortly or

access Telstra.com/support for further assistance.

I have periodically tried to get onto Telstra TV many times this evening, to no avail - it's still not giving me any access to my channels.

When I go to the web address provided - there is no information about the Telstra TV outage, and even though I have looked everywhere on the Telstra site, I am unable to find any kind of answer to how long these 'technical issues' will cause my unit not to work. Will it be for hours?, days?, weeks? possibly,,, months?

Telstra has information pages on outages for internet and phones - why don't they have one for Telstra TV? This is absolutely hopeless.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Rosie

PS:  Telstra if you're reading this - get your act together in regards to customer service and adequate support for ALL of your products.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RLB46
Level 7: Deputy Inspector
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV outage

Restarting the Telstra TV has fixed the problem for me.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Chrystal88
Level 1: Cadet

I've just turned mine on and it's saying the exact same thing...
lee11

Mine is also doing this as well..
RLB46

I have the same problem.
Jet1705

Telstra tv

Since this morning my telstra tv keeps showing (!) Currently unavailabe due to technical issues. My internet and home phone are working fine. Why can i not watch television? Have tried 3 times over the day to disconnect and reconnect. Still not working.
RLB46
Accepted Solution

Restarting the Telstra TV has fixed the problem for me.
Rosie17
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks RLB46.

Based on your solution, I tried restarting my TTV unit, but still had the same problem, and message.

I then disconnected the 2 cables, and left the unit off for 5 minutes, then reconnected the cables. It worked - I have my TTV working again.

Thanks again RLB46 your response was very helpful. Smiley Happy
Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi Rosie17, 

Outages for devices like the Telstra TV can be found on our Outage Page  

Once there click on the Entertainment Icon, the one that has a picture of a Telstra TV on it.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more