Highlighted
EleshiaH
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV remote control problem

Answered

Hi,

yesterday my remote control started playing up. Buttons wouldnt work, couldn't scroll through menu options, then all of a sudden it's like it's possessed and randomly starts going crazy, flicking around through pages and scrolling on it's own. I couldn't manually stop it by pushing any buttons. Turned the TTV unit off and unplugged....put it all back on again and it didnt fix the problem. 

Today, it started working fine, but this evening doing same crazy stuff. I can just wave the remote control around the room and it's causing the screen to scroll wildly. I can't hit home button to stop the scrolling, can't select anything on menu. Tried changing to new batteries, that didnt work either. Is the remote control damaged and need replacing?

thanks for any help you can offer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV remote control problem

Sounds like either a loose connection inside the remote, or a poltergeist.

Bet bet would be to contact Telstra TV Assurance (or a qualified exorcist) via 13 22 00 then say "Telstra TV" then "Faults. You are most probably right and it is a faulty remote

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Accepted Solution

Sounds like either a loose connection inside the remote, or a poltergeist.

Bet bet would be to contact Telstra TV Assurance (or a qualified exorcist) via 13 22 00 then say "Telstra TV" then "Faults. You are most probably right and it is a faulty remote

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Level 25: The Singularity

To add to that, download the Telstra TV app to your phone so you can use that as the remote in the meantime.

Note: don't forget to take the batteries out of the remote.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
EleshiaH

Thanks Jupiter, 

i'll try the app thing.

im now wondering if perhaps it's the TTV Box itself, I noticed the little light flickering wildly even when the remote was out of the room, and the scrolling screen was happening too.

If it happens when the batteries are removed from the remote, then it is probably the Telstra TV itself.

You could try factory resetting the Telstra TV (little button below the power socket). You would need to set it back up again, but sometimes electronic device can get confused and start executing rogue code that has accidentally been loaded into memory. The Factory reset clears the memory.

If it keeps doing it after that, then it should be replaced.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jane-Hunt
Level 2: Rookie

Quick question to add to this.

Do any of you guys know how to pair the remote to the telstra TV??

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I have several Telstra TVs in my home and I can use any Telstra TV remote with any Telstra TV without needing to be paired.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

They are old fashioned infrared remotes. Point and Click.

yoyoman

I rang over a month ago and asked for a new remote as we have had ours for 5 years and its starting to not work properly.  Still waiting for the new one which a customer service person assured me they would send one out to us!

DanielGiles
Level 2: Rookie

how do you order a new remote?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Yoyoman, and also DanielGiles,

To progress your concerns regarding your remote controls, you are best to speak with the Telstra TV Support team, who can be contacted by calling 132200 and saying Telstra TV and then Faults after the prompt

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

yoyoman

I rang and asked a customer service person who said that they have put in an order for one which will come in the mail (as we live in the country) and will bill for it on next account.........hasnt happened so far though! Typical!

Sooley

Seems obvious to me, these same issues started for me when they updated the software on the Roku Telstra TV to its new format recently. Maybe around June/July.....

How bout Telstra Corp come up with a solution instead of all these lame arse CrowdSupport responses on "forums" and actually give some service for what we pay for.

maybe replace our older Telstra Tv boxes to a newer version?

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now