CrowdSupport®
wmvaux
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV remote not working at setup

Answered

I have connected a Telstra TV 2 box to my Panasonic TV via HDMI2 and connected Ethernet cable and split a Foxtel antenna cable so it can go in the Foxtel box which is on HDMI1 and the other antenna goes in to the Foxtel TV 2. I get a set up message on the screen, but the remote doesn't do anything. I have tried different batteries and made sure they are the right way around but no luck in getting it setup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV remote not working at setup

Does the light on the front of the unit flash when you press a button on the remote (if not, either the remote or unit is faulty)?
Have you tried unplugging the TTV2 from the power and then plugging back in (why they couldn't have just added a power button, I don't know)?
Finally, you could try resetting the unit, the reset button is below where the power cable plugs in to the unit (you have to press it while the unit is turned on).

If none of that helps, then give 132200 a call and ask for Telstra TV Faults at the prompt.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Accepted Solution

Does the light on the front of the unit flash when you press a button on the remote (if not, either the remote or unit is faulty)?
Have you tried unplugging the TTV2 from the power and then plugging back in (why they couldn't have just added a power button, I don't know)?
Finally, you could try resetting the unit, the reset button is below where the power cable plugs in to the unit (you have to press it while the unit is turned on).

If none of that helps, then give 132200 a call and ask for Telstra TV Faults at the prompt.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
wmvaux
Level 1: Cadet

I have unplugged TTV2 from power, also tried the reset button under the unit and the light on the front right flashes twice, still not letting me do anything when it says lets get started.

It sounds like the remote is ok then, so it sounds like it may be a faulty unit.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there

Sorry to read you are experiencing difficulties with your TTV unit, given what you have told us here, I would recommend you get in touch with our Telstra TV assurance team. You can call 132200 and say TELSTRA TV then FAULTS.

Let me know how you go.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have there been any updates to your situation at all?

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now