CrowdSupport®
MDS13419
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV stuck on remote pair screen

Last month my Telstra TV stopped connecting to WiFI. Tried to connect to various other WiFi networks and all failed. Then I performed a factory reset on the deivce. Since then the device has been stuck on the "Telstra TV Enhanced Remote Pairing" screen and not able to pair the remote.

I spoke to a rude Telstra TV technician on the 9th of August who adivsed that this issue was caused by a firmware update and he will get back to me on how to fix it. It's the 30th and yet to hear from him. Can someone please help me with getting my Telstra TV up and running?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV stuck on remote pair screen

Hi @MDS13419

This is most certainly not the feedback we like to see coming from our customers.

Can I ask if you were sent an email or sms containing a "get back in touch" link from a recent interaction? 

This will enable you to request an automated call back with a member of the team so we can provide further help and assistance to have outstanding matters investigated and or escalated without needing to wait in the queue.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MDS13419

I didn't receive a "get back in touch" link for the interaction in August.

Btw I only got the Telstra internet Bundle because there was T-Box deal which included Foxtel now for 24 months. Although I have been paying extra for the t-box, I haven't been able to access Foxtel now for almost two months now because of this issue.

I even took the T-box to the Telstra store at Blacktown last month as i didn't want to speak to someone over the phone. After waiting in the queue for a half an hour they said they can't help me with the T-Box and that I need to speak to the Telstra Support team over the phone. Which was extremely frustrating.

Since no one has taken any action, I spoke to one of the T-box support members today to see if they can fix the issue. I explained to him that the T-Box was not connecting to the WiFi, which is what forced to factory reset the device in the first place. After asking me to perform the same troubleshooting steps as my last phone conversation, he advised that he doesn't have any evidence that suggesting that the T-Box WiFi is not working. Therefore, he said that will send me a new remote and refused to send me a replacement T-Box although the WiFi is not working on my device and a remote is not going to fix it. He also said that he cannot credit back for the lost two months of Foxtel-now, as it is a third party service Although the T-box is why I cannot access it. The Ref 1-2215710267761 of today's call and his staff number D402833.

Extremely disappointed with Telstra T-Box support service. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I am seriously considering moving my two internet bundles and my mobile service to a different provider. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @MDS13419,

Is the issue specific to a T-Box (which hasn't been around for a number of years now) or the Telstra TV? 

If it's a Telstra TV, is the device less than 2 years old? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

MDS13419

I only signed up for the streaming bundle in March 2019. since July my Telstra TV hasn't been working

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply MDS13419

Please request a call back in the support tab via the 24x7 App or via My Account (https://tel.st/mtzf7) and we will make contact with you to discuss further. 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now