CrowdSupport®
lironl2
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra TV wifl connection fails after 24 hours

I have a recurring problem with my Telstra TV.  After 24 hours or so. the wifi connectino fails.  When I search for wifi networks, there are no networks found.

If i reboot the Telstr TV, it starts up OK, then finds my wifi network and connects to it, and all is well, for around 24 hours or so.  Then it loses the wifi connection again and it's back to square one.

I think that one factor is that I am connected to a 5 GHz Wifi network.

I have a Telstra TV (model 4200TL) with software version 8.1.6 last updated on Feb 27.  It checks for updates daily and I also check manually sometimes, but so far no updates since then.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV wifl connection fails after 24 hours

Hi @lironl2

Sorry to hear that you're not able to stay connected to a Wi-Fi network on your Telstra TV. Does this affect any other devices in your house? Could there be some form of interference affecting your Wi-Fi? 

You can test the Wi-Fi network using our Home Dashboard App: https://tel.st/jegn3

Alternatively, try the 2.4 Ghz network on your device and see if this affects your connectivity. 

Let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

BMS79
Level 1: Cadet

I am also having the same issue in the past week, not having had this problem over the last 2 years and haven’t change distance between my wifi modem either - all other devices are staying connected.  

Any advice more suggested advice would be appreciated? 

lironl2
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi JesseS.  In answer to your question, I don't have this problem with any other device.  I have a Foxtel box under the Telstra TV and it works fine.

I don't think it's interference either.  When I don't have the problem the Telstra TV finds at least 7 Wifi networks and as many as 9, but when the problem comes up there are none found.

Even if there was some interference, you would expect the Telstra TV to recover the wifi connection once any interference was gone.

I have a Foxtel box under the Telstra TV and the link stays up even after many days and weeks.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply @lironl2

I recommend calling our Telstra TV Assurance team on 13 22 00 and say 'Telstra TV' then 'Faults" when prompted. They will be able to discuss the issues further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now