JK4
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra TV

Answered

Would someone like to take this issue to conclusion please see below

The original Telstra TV when purchased had the problem and i brought it back .The Telstra shop staff tried two more in the shop same technical issue and refunded me .As a consequence i notified Telstra and they sent me another Telstra TV in post which was billed to me but it also has the same issue .Below is communication to TuneIn .Considering it is branded Telstra TV but is actually Roku can

I have a Telstra TV box = Roku
when I use Tunein and attempt to go to ABC 891 Adelaide radio I cannot get sound
all other ABC stations are fine
I tried several boxes in Telstra shop all have same problem no ABC 891 local station
which is my local station is this a streaming issue I tried the alternative streaming option and still the same
I can get the station on my laptop fine but not on the roku device = Telstra TV box through the TV
For your reference this is Case #:

Thanks for contacting us. I’m sorry that you’re having issues listening to ABC Adelaide on your Roku device. We were actually able to replicate the issue. We have passed this on to our Development Team and we’ll try to contact Roku as well. There is no apparent reason as to why it won’t play because the stream works fine, it has no restrictions and the format is compatible to Roku. !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV

It just sounds like a problem with the TuneIn app that is not decoding the stream correctly.

TuneIn have forwarded it to their development team (who can fix the app) and have reached out to Roku (who build the hardware and develop the firmware) for assistance.

There isn't really anything extra that anyone else can do.

It could be that the stream from 891 ABC Adelaide has a setting that is different from the rest of the network (which can happen from time to time), which means that the TuneIn app has a problem decoding the stream as it doesn't match the codec 100%.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

It just sounds like a problem with the TuneIn app that is not decoding the stream correctly.

TuneIn have forwarded it to their development team (who can fix the app) and have reached out to Roku (who build the hardware and develop the firmware) for assistance.

There isn't really anything extra that anyone else can do.

It could be that the stream from 891 ABC Adelaide has a setting that is different from the rest of the network (which can happen from time to time), which means that the TuneIn app has a problem decoding the stream as it doesn't match the codec 100%.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
JK4
Level 4: Private Eye

Jupiter

Hi

i left  this issue with Tune In since i tend to agree with your comments ironically when i used the Telstra T-Tbox (previous to TelstraTV) I did not have the issue all worked well for this particular station .I am not savy in this area just basic understanding.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more