CrowdSupport®
Adrian1979
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV1

Can someone please explain to me why Telstra has decided to Gimp my TTV1?

No I am not a Telstra Broadband customer, however I purchased this device outright from a Telstra store, logged in with my Telstra account (which I was able to do) and now because Telstra have decided to penalise anyone without a telstra internet account, I am left with a media player that someone has decided to gimp because of this.

Is there firmware out there that I can use to roll back to the previous version?

I find this extremely rude of Telstra to do this.

If they wanted only people that have a Telstra connection to use the device they shouldn't be selling it outright to all and sundry.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra TV1

The T&C for the device have always listed that it will only work with a Telstra fixed internet connection.

Most of the base features, the apps and streaming services will work without, from the my app page however the advanced features will not.

They generally do not have an option to access previous firmware releases.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Adrian1979
Level 1: Cadet

Fair enough, but they have gimped a device that they have sold outright, regardless of T&C's they are penalising those of us that don't have a Telstra internet connection.

Also there was no T&C in the box when I bought the device, neither was there anything said to me about it when I bought the device

I do believe it is accepted during the activation. If you had a discussion with the store staff about using it on a non Telstra connection and feel that they had made an express warranty that isn’t being met then I would suggest speaking to the store to discuss your concerns.
Http://tel.st/findstore will let you find a phone and sometimes an email contact for the store or it’s manager.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now