lmstearn
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Telstra TV2 Box & PC Modem

Answered

Hi Support,

Have a landline Broadband plan working well on a PC with a TG797n v3 Eco Gateway modem.

Now planning to buy outright the TV2 box for a separate screen - can the two modems work in a daisy, or do they require separate phone connections? Or can the TV2 box function as a data modem for the PC in its own right?

Thanks for reading!

Crowd Support? What about support for the masses?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV2 Box & PC Modem

The Telstra tv isnt a modem, it connects to your current modem. Think if like a dvd player that connects to your tv and provides digital content. I
Although I am a Telstra Employee, I am not here in an official capacity. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
Accepted Solution

Yes, the Telstra tv has an inbuilt tv tuner. Connected via hdmi to any monitor/tv is fine
Although I am a Telstra Employee, I am not here in an official capacity. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

The Telstra tv isnt a modem, it connects to your current modem. Think if like a dvd player that connects to your tv and provides digital content. I
lmstearn

Hey @343GuiltySpark, thanks - so no worries with the old modem then? Great.
One more thing, if I purchase a monitor instead of a digital TV, will TV2 provide some or all of the functions to screen the usual free_to_air TV fare?

Accepted Solution

Yes, the Telstra tv has an inbuilt tv tuner. Connected via hdmi to any monitor/tv is fine
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

@lmstearn

If you buy a monitor instead of a speaker you will need a monitor with inbuilt speakers as the Telstra TV  does not have a separate audio out.

lmstearn

Thanks. Looks like a bumpy road ahead for specs. A standard 32" is too large for this fine pine TV unit unless the TV has a small frame. Ideal is 26" or 27", and those TVs aren't made any more. And monitors of that size commonly found don't have audio.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Hisense, TEAC and Sonic all have 24" TVs. Have a look at https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tvs/tvs-22-32/
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
lmstearn

Much obliged to you O Supreme Being. Alas my eyes are poor, and often watch a little aways from the kitchen. The Supreme Beings of Tech have destroyed any hopes of a resolution, at least for the time being.

The TV unit aperture is ~50 X ~75, there may still exist the hope of squeezing a small 32" in there. Or even removing the stand and bolting it somehow to the (solid) shelf above.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more