Highlighted
abthomp
Level 9: Captain

Telstra TV2

Answered

I am getting very mixed messages in regards the ability to watch FTA channels via Telstra TV2.

By FTA I DO NOT mean the catch up channels.

Can someone advise? Telstra call centre giving out conflicting advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra TV2

It has a FTA tuner with an aerial port in the back.

However you can't record or pause live TV. It's FTA-TV old-school style.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

It has a FTA tuner with an aerial port in the back.

However you can't record or pause live TV. It's FTA-TV old-school style.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Back of the TTV2 (courtesy of techau.com.au)

ttv2.jpg

RinaB
Level 6: Bloodhound

The marketing material never states you stream live tv. It mentions it separately from streaming.

The new Telstra TV puts TV back together.
Stream movies, TV shows, live sport and more. 
Plus watch free-to-air TV. All in one place.
Exclusive to Telstra broadband customers.

The terms and conditions also call this out..

Telstra TV: Only available to customers on the Telstra Broadband Network. Requires a compatible TV with a HDMI port. A minimum internet speed of 3.5Mbps is recommended. Antenna required to access free-to-air channels in your area. Subscription and data charges apply, except when using BigPond Movies. Search not available across all apps. To benefit from HEVC and 4K, content needs to be produced in this format. 4K TV is also required to experience 4K resolution.

If the antenna point connection is the issue, the Telstra Stores or Telstra TV Assurance teams will be able to organise an adaptor pack to be sent to you.

abthomp
Level 9: Captain

Thanks. No recording? No good then. 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now