CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Searle2
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Tv 3 month Stan/Presto/Netflix offer

Answered

I activated my new Telstra Tv a few days ago, after signing up for a new home bundle. All connected and up and running. However there was no activation confirmation email and no sign of one since. Have checked every email I have! So therefore, no code to access the free 3 months of stan/presto & Netflix. After a lenghty discussion with a Telstra 24/7 chat person we were no closer to a solution. He said that I should contact all of the above companies directly. Which I have done. They pointed me back to telstra crowdsupport. So I am hoping for a solution to the problem!

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Tv 3 month Stan/Presto/Netflix offer

In that case Searle2 I would recommend talking to our billing team on 132200 so they can arrange with stan to have a new email sent out to you with a voucher code.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

morebeer
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

I had the some problems with the lack of information, and then accidentally discovered this link...(Note I did not have any email about the voucher codes etc either and there was no information in any of the literature I received to go to this site which is dissapointing but unsuprising).

https://tv.telstra.com.au

Login with your Telstra/Bigpond user ID and Password

Click on Telstra TV Apps tab at top

and...hopefully you should see icons to redeem 3 months Netflix/Presto. I'm missing the STAN icon at the moment, but baby steps with Telstra (urgh) but hope this helps.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
32 REPLIES 32
Level 20: Director

Did you purchase the Telstra TV outright, or did you get it as part of a package/bundle offer?

Cheers!

Searle2

As part of a bundle, yes.

DaveH1

I'm in exactly the same situation although I bought my Telstra TV outright.

No sign of any activation email although it is active & shows on my Telstra account information.

Unlike you, I could not get through to anybody in support by phone after the voice recognition system initially put me through to Foxtel support (even after confirming my issue was with Telstyra TV). Very disapointing service, or lack thereof.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Searle2, 

So very sorry for the runaround you have been receiving in an attempt to receive your bonus offers with your Telstra TV. 

I acknowledge that you have checked your emails and there is no Activation email from Telstra TV, can you please confirm that you have also checked your Junk/Spam folders, as they do tend to drop in there sometimes? 

If you have checked in the Junk/Spam folders and no email to be found let me know so we can progress this further. 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Searle2

Yes, I have checked my junk/spam (of every email) Not there either...
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

In that case Searle2 I would recommend talking to our billing team on 132200 so they can arrange with stan to have a new email sent out to you with a voucher code.

Searle2

And the Presto/Netflix?
Surfingdogs07

I'm having the same issue no email with codes after 45 minutes on the phone I'm transferred to sales who tell me to contact presto ect directly who told me to contact telstra. I have to tell you at this point I have no confidence in a company who can not resend or even manually re generate an email, it's an email just how hard could it be. We need a solution from you telstra. Customer service you offered in the bundle so you need to back up your offer
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Surfingdogs07,

The activation email will have been sent to the TelstraID email used to sign up for the Telstra TV on activation. If it is not an @bigpond.com email address it may have been picked up by the junk filter, so I would have a look in there.

If you need to determine the account with which you activated the Telstra TV, you can find this within the settings for the Bigpond Movies App.

Surfingdogs07

Well the spam and junk folders have been searched .I did not receive it at all and it has so far taken me 3 days and over 2 hours on the phone with telstra, who just keep giving me the wrong information every time.I do not see why it is so hard to generate an email or simply tell people the code I will get this sorted as I spoke to the ombudsman. I tried calling I tried online chat, this promotion seams to be a bit of a mess as I see that there are many people in the same boat as I
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Surfingdogs07, 

I do apologise that you have been experiencing ongoing issues.

Do you possibly have a reference number pertaining to this or from recent communication with Telstra? These numbers usually come through via SMS or by Email. Types of reference numbers I can use can be found here https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Services-KB/What-Reference-Numbers-can-I-obtain-from-...

- Jarred

Searle2

Yes, agreed. It seems that no-one in the call centres or on the chat seem to have a clue what we are talking about?! Stan was very clear in its response to me. The only way that I can receive a voucher code from them is if Telstra contact them directly and organise it. And they simply won't do that. I have no power to make them (Stan) do it myself. So it seems as though I am in a no win situation. No one at Telstra will do it and no one at Stan will do it. It's getting slightly ridiculous TBH. How can a company odvertise a promo such as this but do nothing when it doesn't work? How many people are affected by this one can only begin to imagine...

morebeer
Accepted Solution

I had the some problems with the lack of information, and then accidentally discovered this link...(Note I did not have any email about the voucher codes etc either and there was no information in any of the literature I received to go to this site which is dissapointing but unsuprising).

Login with your Telstra/Bigpond user ID and Password

Click on Telstra TV Apps tab at top

and...hopefully you should see icons to redeem 3 months Netflix/Presto. I'm missing the STAN icon at the moment, but baby steps with Telstra (urgh) but hope this helps.

Searle2

Thanks, yes, I'd logged onto that (also by accident) when looking at my account. Initially the Netflix one was there, but not the others. Now, after many long conversations with Telstra about the issue, the Presto one has appeared also. But so far, no Stan. Perhaps it will appear eventually....!!!

morebeer

Ok so to continue sharing my experience...Todays Goal to get my free  3 month Stan added to my TelstraTV Apps!!

Took a few panadol this morning as decided to call Telstra to be prepared.

First check internet for Support...Oh good , info here....

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/telstra-tv/how-do-i-redeem-my-stan-bonus-o...

"f you haven’t received your bonus offer code please call us on 13 22 00 and we’ll organise a new one."

Well this should be easy according to that!!!

Ok called Telstra 132200, Said magic words of Telstra TV and Sales to the voice recog system.

Ended up in Sales with Faith D644347 (who was alway polite), Faith didnt really know how to get me the code started down the path of me going to Stan, I quickly shut that down (politely of course).  So she called through to TelstraTV assurance for further assistance.

She came back with some steps on how to get it. It took a while for email to come through so asked her to read steps, undfortunately wasnt very sure of herself on what to do even reading back the steps. She put me on hold to talk to TelstraTV Assurance again....

For the record: Eventually got the email, so followed the steps  on my mobile (didnt tell me which phone to do it on). I did this whilst waiting on hold...

• Download the Telstra TV+ App:
    • iPhone and iPad - tap the App Store icon
    • Android - tap the Play Store icon
  • Search Telstra TV+
  • Download and install the App

Click My Offers in the side menu

Except only offers I see here are for 1 months free trials for the usual steps..No 3 month stan offer, so that information was a bust.

After being on hold a little while...BAM dropped into a new person who didnt know my story...Sadly Faith no More...

Spoke to Assurance, requested to have either the 3 month voucher code sent or added to https://tv.telstra.com.au so I could redeem it.

Gentelman on end of line (didnt catch his name), said cant send code but has a solution that will "hopefully" work. Wanted me to perform a factory reset on my Telstra TV. (aargh)... Refused this as I cant see how hardware reset and getting a code has any direct relationship (plus selfishly I didnt want to drive to my telstraTV as ii's 30 minutes away from where Im living at the moment and also didnt want to set it up again from scratch because who knows what will break this time).

I stood my ground and asked him to work an alternative solution to get the STAN voucher code...So back to Sales. (Ensured I told him to Voice Switch me this time and introduce me so I know my story had been conveyed). 

Got Jazzy (Im sure its not spelled that way, but my way is much cooler). Jazzy directed me to Stan website

https://www.stan.com.au/telstra-offer

where she said I could add my credit card details and then see if the offer there. Ok not a great start here. Went there, the first thing it actually asks me for is my Voucher Code.....*sigh* I dont have one (Oh thats my initial problem isnt it?). 

Jazzy then said on my behalf she is going to email Stan and get me the voucher codes. I have no problems with this, great that Jazzy is taking it into her hands...so cant fault that.

However, I have also lodged a formal complaint with Ryan in Telstra System SEBEL just so there is a record and to have this case managed, but also to highlight to Telstra they have an endemic lack of knowledge re this heavily marketed campaign to offer TelstraTV free subscriptions (as evidenced by several crowdsupport and whirlpool articles).

So now just waiting for my voucher codes.....wish me luck! 

morebeer

Final Update,

Recieved my Stan Code. The complaints officer followed through which is great work. It appears Telstra emailed Stan Support in this instance. 

I guess if anyone else having the SAME issue with the Stan side of things tell the Telstra person to get thier team leader to email Stan support to get a new code.

Over and out. Time for some more beer.

TechnoMum

I have been reading the previous messages about the Stan/ Netflix/ BigPond offers. I have just had NBN put on as a new service and the same happened to me. I was on the phone for nearly an hour yesterday to Telstra - mostly on hold all this time - I got transferred 3 times and ended up hanging up as I had to go to work.

No one new what I was taliking about.....I got the Netflix part done ok, I think, as it said it would be credited to my account, but could not get Stan as I needed the voucher number. The girl gave me some run around, but was hard to understand her. Did what she said but still to no avail as I needed the voucher to proceed further.

The part that annoys me is how hard should it be to get the number, all they needed to do was send me the email when I connected. Why promise something when you can't follow through. I mean how hard is it ????I have been with Telstra for about 40 years and I don't have hardly any problems, all I want is the voucher number they promised and probably one for the Big Pond Movies as promised too - haven't gone down that track yet but the set up looks the same.

Come on Telstra get it together, let your staff know and follow through with your promises. What is $30 worth of vouchers and if you aren't going to provide why promise it ????

Disgruntled and going around in circles....

Support Team
Support Team

Hi TechnoMum,

Welcome to CrowdSupport.

The Code for Stan should have come in the welcome email when you're service was connected. If you registered a non-Bigpond email address as your contact email address, this might have ended up in your junk folder, the other email providers do like to do that with our non-bill communications. Have you checked there?

TechnoMum

I like everyone else I have read about, received no email and I also had my BigPond email address and it was not in my junk or spam folder......I did not receive an email and I am still waiting 5 days later.

I also tried the Big Pond Movies one too, but couldn't supply the code for that either.

thank you for replying to my post, can you help me with either of these problems ?

Regards from TechnoMum

Support Team
Support Team

Hi TechnoMum - my resources indicate that the Promo code gets sent to the address used to activate the Telstra TV, but if the code has not arrived having done this, please call 13 22 00 and say "Telstra TV" at the prompt, followed by "Faults".

TechnoMum

Well Big_Dan,

I wish to thank you for your help as I have had a positive result..... I rang the number you gave me and after the prompts I found someone who knew what I was talking about. She emailed Stan while I was on the phone to her and this morning I had the voucher number in my inbox from Stan. All done and connected now.

Nice to get someone who realised what I was talking about and could help. Thank you Testra Crowd Support.

Very grateful TechnoMum

romijazz
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, Big Dan.  I follwed your instruction with a big hope, and called up 132200 and asked for Telstra TV department just now.

I talked to Ben (D3A6556) and he told me that it is not their responsibility because it is not the device fault.

He told that it is the responsibility of Sales Department, and he shut me off.

What do you want to say about that???

I've been trying to solve this issue for more than 2 weeks now.  And when I talked to one of the sales representative yesterday, he told me that it's now too late for the bonus, because already 14 days passed since my Telstra TV activation.

I'm starting to think that Telstra is doing this on purpose.  Telstra probably has no intention to give us such bonuses in the first place.  That is a fraud and illegal.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi romijazz, I apologise that my advice was not useful, it was provided in good faith and I honestly believed it to be the best path for a resolution. I can assure you that this is not something that has been done deliberately, as you have pointed out, it would be Telstra in a lot of trouble with any number of regulators if we were caught deliberately misleading customers.

In your circumstances the best suggestion I can make would be to raise a complaint, for which we have published instructions here: Lodging a complaint with Telstra.

-Dan

Tommy1978

Hi.

I've been reading all the responses with issues for Telstra Netflix and Stan offers.  I received my bonus offer via sms with my new Telstra Samsung Galaxy S7.  I received the text on the 15th Nov 2016.  I don't have telephone reception or data out on my property which is only 58kms outside of Bathurst (a major CBD).  When I had NBN Satellite working at my place on 22nd Dec 2016 I contacted Telstra via online chat (as I don't have phone access) to finally get my tv service.

I spoke to Mike who helped register me for online access as emails weren't working.  When I got to installing an app on my pc he put me onto Kurt Thomas who didn't want to deal with my case.  The best he wanted to do was dump a whole heap of instructions he pasted into online chat with links to Telstra TV and to Stan.  Then within the couple of seconds he dumped those instructions, he said I hope I dealt with your issues and have a good day.  "I don't think so". 

Spent the next few seconds trying to frantically run through the instructions before being cut-off.  Explained to Kurt that my issues weren't resolved and that it only offers 30 day trials not 3 months memberships.

Basically I was told to call the Netflix phone line for Telstra even after I told him I have no phone access.  I was asked to do this on 3 or 4 seperate occasions.  Then I was asked to go to a store.  Even after I told him it was a 2 hour return trip to do so, he continued to re-iterate it.  Then he said I should borrow a friends phone and call from my place.  HELLO!!! I have no phone reception and so do all neighbours 30 minutes radius around us.

After almost one and a half hours straight on live chat to 2 people I ended up empty handed and quite fuming about the way we get treated as customers.

Basically because I supposedly made efforts to not call and to not go into a store then it's my problems and I can't be helped by online chat staff because they have no idea.

What's the point of having online chat as a support option if there is no support.  It shouldn't be limited to specific tasks.  We only have no phone reception because Telstra chose to put a black spot so close to a metro area.  We shouldn't have to suffer because of decisions made by the same company offering the 3 month promotions.

I would appreciate a bit of assistance with this please. 

Thanks.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Tommy1978 welcome to CrowdSupport.

The offer codes etc for the 3 month memberships arrive to the email account used for registering the service, but in the case of Stan, needs to be applied at the time of signing up an account, it cannot be added to an established account (I discovered this first hand last night when I received my codes via email, I've been a Stan user almost from launch).

If you have reference number like the examples we have here: What Reference Numbers can I obtain from Telstra? I'm more than happy to take a look and see what has gone on. The reference number won't identify you in any way, so feel free to post it back to us here, otherwise, and I understand why you might choose to do so, send it to me in a PM.

Broadsword1

Reading all these posts frightens me a bit. They are all mainly about not getting what's promised, or people who should know about things, seemingly not having a clue about some services, etc., available. I want to get wireless broadband but I'm a bit apprehensive about going forward until I hear some more positive comments rather than complaints.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Broadsword1,

We may have complaints via Social Media/Crowd Support, however the nature of today's society is that most people only take the time to come onto Social Media to let us know that they are having an issue. Not many customers take the time to stop by and say thanks because their internet connection has worked and they have watched 5 hours of Netflix. However, we do have many positive comments and feedback on our Facebook and Twitter pages. We do not moderate comments based on favourable or unfavourable experiences/opinions of Telstra products and services. In fact, we'd like to know about positive and negative experiences you've had with our products and service.

If there is anything I can assist with please let me know.

Thanks,

-Chris

CathinTanunda

Hi, we have managed to get our Netflix subscription to work but for some reason, we are unable to access the downloads that we could when we had a 'normal' Netflix subscription through Netflix and not through Telstra TV, can anyone help please?

Level 20: Director

@CathinTanunda wrote:

Hi, we have managed to get our Netflix subscription to work but for some reason, we are unable to access the downloads that we could when we had a 'normal' Netflix subscription through Netflix and not through Telstra TV, can anyone help please?

What do you mean by downloads? Netflix is a streaming service, and they don't do downloadble content, except on mobile devices for offline viewing.

Cheers!

Dylankeogh1

how do i get the free 3 month netflixs i have the nbn bundel now what do i do

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Dylankeogh1,

If you are having trouble redeeming the Netflix offer you can find the instructions on how to do so here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/telstra-tv/my-telstra-tv-bonus-offers

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

quixo

Hi, Searle 2,

Been there, had that done to me. Easily fixed with Netflix, but the others are difficult -- no phone contact and they are champion obfuscators. Telstra reps have no English for any but the simplest problems, unless you try Telstra Platinum and get someone who is somewhat more savvy. Good luck.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now