Highlighted
austoz
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Tv and Foxtel Now

Answered

I have a new bundle plan which includes Telstra TV and 3 months free Foxtel Now. I have tried in vain for a week to set Telstra TV up. I am a woman in my 50's and a complete tech novice. I have spoken to 2 telstra techs and 2 Foxtel techs and have gotten nowhere. Their accents are hard to decipher and they don't seem to understand what I'm asking, I just get passed from one person to another and all I want is for someone to tell me how to set the thing up and not just say 'go to the website'. I don't think any of them know the device at all. A friend thought I should download the Foxtel Now app first before trying to claim the 3 months free. I have been to the website but I do not understand what I'm supposed to do or what order I should do it. There are no detailed instructions with the Telstra TV they just expect people to know what to do. I have a Panasonic 4K smart TV but the Foxtel app doesn't appear on it. I do not have a smart phone or a laptop pc. I have a desktop PC and do not use Google Chrome nor do I want to download it. I am completely lost as to what I'm supposed to do to set this thing up. Can someone please explain in simple steps what to do? I don't understand any of it, surely it shouldn't be so difficult. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Deedz
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Tv and Foxtel Now

Hi Auztos,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with connecting your Telstra TV, apparently it was designed to be super easy to set up, so it's disappointing to read that Telstra still hasn't got that right!

I did find these instructions on the Telstra website on how to CONNECT your Telstra TV - https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/entertainment/pdf/telstra-tv-quick-start-guide....

To ACTIVATE the Telstra TV with videos click the following link: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/telstra-tv/activate-my-telstra-tv

Ive pasted the instructions below to activate the device:

Using only your Telstra ID, follow the steps below to activate your Telstra TV.

1. Select your time zone
  2. Read and accept the Terms and Conditions
  3. Select ‘Next: Activate your Telstra TV’. You can activate through the following options.

Automatic Telstra ID detection

When you’re using Telstra Broadband, your Telstra ID should be automatically linked to your Telstra TV.

1. Your detected Telstra ID will be displayed before you complete the activation
  2. If you have a Telstra TV with a tuner in it, follow the screens on your TV to set up live TV.

Changing your Telstra ID through manual activation

1. You can activate using a different Telstra ID by selecting ‘Manually activate’
  2. The guided setup will then ask you to enter an 8-digit activation code online to get your Telstra TV up and running
  3. Visit telstra.com/linktv on your PC, tablet or smartphone. Follow the steps online to link your Telstra TV to your Telstra ID
  4. If you have a Telstra TV with a tuner in it, follow the screens on your TV to set up live TV.

I don’t know my Telstra ID

1. Your Telstra ID is the username and password used to log into your Telstra My Account
  2. Your username can either be the email address provided with your Telstra broadband service, or an email address you nominated during registration.

Will I be charged if I activate my Telstra TV?

You won’t be charged to activate your Telstra TV.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Do or do not, there is no try...

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Deedz
Accepted Solution

Hi Auztos,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with connecting your Telstra TV, apparently it was designed to be super easy to set up, so it's disappointing to read that Telstra still hasn't got that right!

I did find these instructions on the Telstra website on how to CONNECT your Telstra TV - https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/entertainment/pdf/telstra-tv-quick-start-guide....

To ACTIVATE the Telstra TV with videos click the following link: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/telstra-tv/activate-my-telstra-tv

Ive pasted the instructions below to activate the device:

Using only your Telstra ID, follow the steps below to activate your Telstra TV.

1. Select your time zone
  2. Read and accept the Terms and Conditions
  3. Select ‘Next: Activate your Telstra TV’. You can activate through the following options.

Automatic Telstra ID detection

When you’re using Telstra Broadband, your Telstra ID should be automatically linked to your Telstra TV.

1. Your detected Telstra ID will be displayed before you complete the activation
  2. If you have a Telstra TV with a tuner in it, follow the screens on your TV to set up live TV.

Changing your Telstra ID through manual activation

1. You can activate using a different Telstra ID by selecting ‘Manually activate’
  2. The guided setup will then ask you to enter an 8-digit activation code online to get your Telstra TV up and running
  3. Visit telstra.com/linktv on your PC, tablet or smartphone. Follow the steps online to link your Telstra TV to your Telstra ID
  4. If you have a Telstra TV with a tuner in it, follow the screens on your TV to set up live TV.

I don’t know my Telstra ID

1. Your Telstra ID is the username and password used to log into your Telstra My Account
  2. Your username can either be the email address provided with your Telstra broadband service, or an email address you nominated during registration.

Will I be charged if I activate my Telstra TV?

You won’t be charged to activate your Telstra TV.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer
austoz
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi Deedz, thank you so much for your reply. I have just this moment got off the phone with Telstra and they have finally agreed that the problem was theirs all along. It was some sort of issue with Telstra TV not accepting my email address even though I was using the correct one.With the tech on the phone I have followed the set-up prompts on Telstra TV and re entered all my details yet again and he worked out that it would not accept my email so he did something his end and hey presto it worked and I have Foxtel Now working. If the set-up had worked as it should have then you are right, it would be very easy to get up and running.  I was so frustrated with the whole experience over the last week and the complete lack of knowledge on the part of the Telstra and Foxtel techs that I almost just unplugged the thing and put it away in the cupboard, at least now I will have some new programs to watch over Summer.

Thanks again for taking the time to try to help me.

Deedz

Oh great to hear Austoz! No trouble at all! The Telstra TV is a great product when it works, I live on it daily!

Hope it brings you many hours of enjoyment Smiley Happy

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more