Highlighted
RLB46
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Telstra Tv2 - no live tv

Answered

My Telstra TV 2 does not show live tv. When live tv is selected it says" the specified channel is not available". Tried resets but problem stil persists. Can anyone assist?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Tv2 - no live tv

It looks like there is an issue currently on the Main Menu of Live TV. If you head into Home and then choose a channel in On Live TV Now you will then have access to the channels as normal as well as it working again from the Main Menu.

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mrks
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

No free to air channels appears to be a bug with new Telstra TV 2 units when first activated.

When selecting the "Live TV" tab or pressing the TV Guide button it will just respond with  "specified channel does not exist".

I just called 132200 and spoke with consultant and got it fixed in about 5mins.

The fix was:

When you press the home button (house) you should see a selection of movies and apps  with the headings of (Telstra TV Recommends), (My APPS) and (ON LIVE TV NOW). Press the right arrow and navigate down to one of the shows on (ON LIVE TV NOW) and select it this will then manually select a channel and all will be ok!

If you didn't see any movie or APP selections when you pressed the Home button, reset the power for about 5 seconds until they appear. ( I had to do this).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Support Team
Support Team

Hi RLB46, I trust this can be sorted out for you soon. The standard checklist for problems accessing the free-to-air channels is pretty straightforward (i.e. ensuring the aerial connection to the device isn't loose, power-cycling the device which you've already done, and running a new channel search under the Settings menu). If these haven't worked for you then our Telstra TV support team on 1800 087 688 can investigate and help further. (They're available 24x7 on that number).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

noddy691
Level 1: Cadet

Have the same problem so obviously a telstra problem so telstra should fix . ringing any number at telstra gets you someone overseas who can't fix anything and sends you off elsewhere to get rid of you
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

It looks like there is an issue currently on the Main Menu of Live TV. If you head into Home and then choose a channel in On Live TV Now you will then have access to the channels as normal as well as it working again from the Main Menu.

- AlistairQWA

dadfaT
Level 2: Rookie

That's all good but how long does it take to fix a glitch like this
dadfaT

How can you choose a channel on live tv when I haven't even been able to scan for channels. (this is a new box)
dadfaT

the tv support guys dont have an answer yet :-(
dadfaT

Hi, I just read your response to RLB46, that may be ok but I haven't even been able to scan the bloody channels.
MM199

We also got a Telstra TV 2 this week, and have set up except that it can't find any free to air channels.

It is connected to the same aerial connection as the previous T-Box and digital TV were connected to and working, and the TV gets reception when connected directly to the aerial wall plate.
Have rebooted the box, and even tried a new aerial cable with no result.
Anyone else with this problem? Wondering if a hardware fault in the Box aerial input is possible?
doug1quintad

I have a similar issue. The channel scan says it finds channels but i cant access the live tv section of either the home menu or the live tv button on the remote.
TroyA

I have the same issue, my Telstra TV2 finds at least 40 channels but doesnt work
Mrks
Accepted Solution

No free to air channels appears to be a bug with new Telstra TV 2 units when first activated.

When selecting the "Live TV" tab or pressing the TV Guide button it will just respond with  "specified channel does not exist".

I just called 132200 and spoke with consultant and got it fixed in about 5mins.

The fix was:

When you press the home button (house) you should see a selection of movies and apps  with the headings of (Telstra TV Recommends), (My APPS) and (ON LIVE TV NOW). Press the right arrow and navigate down to one of the shows on (ON LIVE TV NOW) and select it this will then manually select a channel and all will be ok!

If you didn't see any movie or APP selections when you pressed the Home button, reset the power for about 5 seconds until they appear. ( I had to do this).

steve-22

Thanks for the info Mrks, i wasn't able to view free to air until i used your instructions so thank for posting them.
I got mine as part of a Foxtel package, however after using it i've packed it back in the box and put it in a cupboard, not user friendly having to keep switching menus, no volume control, no mute, no idea how to turn it off?
Not worth having two remotes to watch TV, waist of time for me.
JesseR

This helped fix my issue. Thank you for posting.
Spacetek

This suggestion works; so why hasn't TELSTRA either fixed the problem or publicised this "fix".

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now