CrowdSupport®
Kitto11
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra tv 3 unable to connect to wifi

Hi, would appreciate some help...

i bought a new Telstra tv 3 about a month ago, and I’ve never been able to connect it to my wifi or finish the setup process. All my other devices are connected, including my original Telstra tv box a few years old. 

Ive tried unplugging my modem and tv 3 and I’ve also reset the tv 3 box, but I keep getting error code 014.40 unable to connect to wifi. I’m 100% sure I’m putting in the correct password, I’ve even had friends try and double check the password so I know that’s not the issue. 

I had a most unsatisfactory conversation with Telstra tech support where she had me go through all the same things I’ve already tried. Only in the end to say there’s some sort of outage, which then turned into a Telstra tv3 firmware problem. She suggested I keep trying, meanwhile I’m paying for a Telstra tv which I can’t use. She then said to go to billing to sort it out. 

Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
8frittingles8
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra tv 3 unable to connect to wifi

Yeah, don’t bother trying to talk to Telstra, they were trying to do NBN connection tests with me, and I kept trying to tell them my internet was fine.

So, I had this problem and I sorted it out by connecting to my NBN modem with an Ethernet cable, completing the setup process, then resetting all network settings in the advanced area, then I was able to connect using wireless.

Let me know how you go...

Highlighted
Kitto11

Thanks Frittingles, I’ll try and give that a go. Problem is nbn modem is in the office and my tvs are elsewhere. My desktop computer has an hdmi port so I guess I can try and connect it to that. I’ll let you know if it works. Cheers 

Kitto11

Here’s the update... connecting via Ethernet didn’t work, called billing they sent me a new Telstra TV3, which also didn’t work, called tech support again, they said don’t bother trouble shooting, there is a known issue with Roku software/firmware for Telstra TV3 causing heaps of trouble for them having to deal with it and any body who gets a new Telstra TV3. Now returning them to a Telstra store for a refund. They didn’t know when it will be fixed... so please, to anyone reading this, don’t buy a new Telstra TV3, save yourself the hassle. 

Kitto11

Here’s the update... connecting via Ethernet didn’t work, called billing they sent me a new Telstra TV3, which also didn’t work, called tech support again, they said don’t bother trouble shooting, there is a known issue with Roku software/firmware for Telstra TV3 causing heaps of trouble for them having to deal with it and any body who gets a new Telstra TV3. Now returning them to a Telstra store for a refund. They didn’t know when it will be fixed... so please, to anyone reading this, don’t buy a new Telstra TV3, save yourself the hassle. 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now