AJ44
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra tv 7 plus app

Hi, I have Telstra tv, today I was watching the 7 plus app and then it said I had timed out and now I can’t access the 7 plus app anymore. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but that didn’t work. Any help would be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra tv 7 plus app

I'm watching it at the moment with no problems.

I would suggest restarting the Telstra TV and if that doesn't work, a factory reset would be the next step.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Misterjubjub

Hi I am having the same problem since Wednesday I have done a factory reset which fixed it temporarily before it stopped working again ... any other ideas ??

Yes. Do what I did last night when it stopped working for me and contact 7plus support and let them know.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AJ44

Yes, I think that is what I will have to do. I managed to reinstall it and it was working (after numerous attempts) but as soon as I went out and then went back in it didn’t work again. Frustrating.

Cails

I’m having the same problem. It hasn’t worked since Wednesday. I’ve tried resetting it, removing and adding the app, and unplugging the Telstra TV. Nothing has worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is a known problem and the techs at channel 7 are aware of it and are trying to fix it.

Other than reporting it to https://support.7plus.com.au/contact it is a waiting game.
jorocoles
Level 3: Gumshoe

We went to open 7 plus on Friday and it said we had to create a sign in to 7 plus and Telstra supplied an 8 digit code to enter on the tv. We followed all screen prompts, entered the Telstra code and finally got to a screen that told us to update our details. Fine, except it would not let us update as the update button was not lit and did not work.

now we cannot update our account or open 7 plus in Telstra TV. We have contacted 7 plus support with a screen shot of the screen that will not allow us to update along with a description of the problem.

if we try to set up a new sign in with 7 plus we get to the screen where it requires the Telstra TV 8 digit code which we no longer have and can not seem to recover the code. Stopped in our tracks again. Can access 7 plus through our smart TV, Chromecast or on our ipad and cast it to the TV but defeats having everything working on Telstra TV with the one remote.

any suggestions welcome.

jorocoles
Level 3: Gumshoe

7 plus app

We went to open 7 plus on Friday and it said we had to create a sign in to 7 plus and Telstra supplied an 8 digit code to enter on the tv. We followed all screen prompts, entered the Telstra code and finally got to a screen that told us to update our details. Fine, except it would not let us update as the update button was not lit and did not work.

now we cannot update our account or open 7 plus in Telstra TV. We have contacted 7 plus support with a screen shot of the screen that will not allow us to update along with a description of the problem.

if we try to set up a new sign in with 7 plus we get to the screen where it requires the Telstra TV 8 digit code which we no longer have and can not seem to recover the code. Stopped in our tracks again. Can access 7 plus through our smart TV, Chromecast or on our ipad and cast it to the TV but defeats having everything working on Telstra TV with the one remote.

any suggestions welcome.

As stated above, there is a known problem  with the 7plus app on the Telstra TV at the moment. Please report it to Channel 7 using the link I provided above.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now