CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Sparkesy
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra tv

Answered
I have a telstra bundle without a telstra tv. I have dince brought one off ebay and well my wife put the woollies up me indicating be careful, it might be stolen.
I have the device which arrived a couple of days ago and was wondering if there was a way to track to see if it was or was not stolen?

Secondly, looking at the videos, it doesn't appear to be an issue to link it to our telstra bundle. Is there an issue i should be aware of?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra tv

@Sparkesy

There's no easy way to see if the device is stolen.

There should also be no issue with you linking the Telstra TV to your account and signing in with your Telstra ID.

I've gifted mine to someone in my family as I don't use it very often (I use Apple TV myself) - and there was no issue with them using the device with their account.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

@Sparkesy

There's no easy way to see if the device is stolen.

There should also be no issue with you linking the Telstra TV to your account and signing in with your Telstra ID.

I've gifted mine to someone in my family as I don't use it very often (I use Apple TV myself) - and there was no issue with them using the device with their account.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Catkim
Level 2: Rookie

I’m also have a Telstra/Foxtel/ADSL bundle which is about to expire, and was thinking of buying a Telstra Tv box from EBay, but was wondering what service can I access on the Telstra TV box. I presume I can’t access my Foxtel from my existing bundle, but what can I access, just FTA and Netflix?

As my bundle is about to expire (Nov 6th) what are my options to get one with a new Foxtel/Phone/adsl?
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Carkim,

This device will allow you to stream services from pay-TV subscriptions to free to air services as well. More details on this device can be located at

http://tel.st/kexkf

The Foxtel from Telstra service is not able to be streamed via this device as it will require a Foxtel Now Subscription that is different to the Foxtel from Telstra service. All of the bundle offers that we have available can be located at 

http://tel.st/3nr44

Catkim

Thanks, just want to confirm, can I get this bundle and put the Telstra tv in another room for the Foxtel Now, and still,keep my IQ2 subscription box in the lounge room?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Catkim. 

Yes this should be fine. You can set up Foxtel Now via the app on the Telstra TV. As long as your Telstra TV is connected to your home broadband in a separate room you will be able to have your Foxtel iQ2 box in one room the Telstra TV with Foxtel Now in another room. 

You can see more about Foxtel Now on Telstra TV here http://tel.st/xjfvk.

If you would like to go through your options in more detail you can chat with our Foxtel team on 132200 and say "Foxtel".

Regards -

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Catkim

That’s great news, I’ll look into that when my package expires next month.
Level 19: Deputy Director

Hi @Sparkesy it's very unlikely that it is stolen as a user can be easily traced through ebay also you have buyer protection so nothing to worry about.
Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so. "button"
MrSpeaker72

Just wondering what gives you the indication it might be stolen?

I've sold my older Telstra TV 1 on eBay and the buyer had no
trouble at all setting it up after I done a factory reset

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now