EzzaT
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra tv

I’ve just set up a new Telstra TV, with no issues other than the screen intermittently going fuzzy grey, then black for a few seconds then returning to whatever I was watching. It is happening at least once every 2/3 minutes and is super annoying.
I have tried 3 different HDMI cables, different HDMI ports and a full factory reset and the problem persists? Is there a solution or is the device itself possibly faulty?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra tv

It could be a faulty Telstra TV. You can try manually setting the Display type to match that of your TV. (Settings > Display), You can also try changing refresh settings in Settings > Advanced settings > Display)

EzzaT
Level 1: Cadet

Hmmmm thanks, tried all that, didn’t work unfortunately. Really starting to think the device is faulty 🙄
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If the HDMI and Telstra TV have been replaced, then the only other suggestion that I have is based on personal experience. 

A few years ago, the DVD player at my sisters was having issues where you would be watching the TV for a short period of them then screen would go black, despite the TV display working (using the TV remote to change source etc) and the DVD player still spinning happily. I noticed that there was a warm spot on the cable where it had been resting against her TV. I move the cable away from the heat and once it cooled, it was back working well. 

I'm not sure if this will help, but it is something worth checking when you notice it happening next.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now