CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Starfleet
Level 1: Cadet

USB issues with Telstra TV

Answered

I've just got a Telstra TV today. Everything's working fine but I tried using the USB feature and nothing worked. I tried small USBs, FAT32 (which the Roku site reccomends), Flash drives (which the program reccomends) and large powered USB storage devices (which the Roku site also reccomends) and so far nothing has come up. 

I even made sure the files were JPGs and MP4s and MKVs which the player says it supports. Any help would be appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sammy83
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: USB issues with Telstra TV

Hi @Starfleet

I had a similar challenge when I first set up mine last week. I found success when I unplugged the power from the Telstra TV,allowed it to reset then plugged the power back in, re-plugged the USB device, navigated to the Roku Media Player and selected the USB device name. it all loaded properly and played.

Hope this may help mate. Good luck. Other option is ot contact the Telstra TV assurance/support group on 1800 087 688

Samuel Tumes

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 20: Director

Are you using the Roku Media Player app to try to watch/play them? More information about what you tried.

Cheers!

Sammy83
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Hi @Starfleet

I had a similar challenge when I first set up mine last week. I found success when I unplugged the power from the Telstra TV,allowed it to reset then plugged the power back in, re-plugged the USB device, navigated to the Roku Media Player and selected the USB device name. it all loaded properly and played.

Hope this may help mate. Good luck. Other option is ot contact the Telstra TV assurance/support group on 1800 087 688

Samuel Tumes

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now