CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Lenore1
Level 1: Cadet

YouTube app not working

Hello! For over a week now, the YouTube app on the Telstra TV has not worked. It opens the initial YouTube loading screen, but that's it. It displays the 'loading' circle icon but doesn't load. There's a few weird ways I can 'get into' the app still, but it doesn't function correctly. For example:

- if I press the 'back' button at the loading screen, it opens the app, but does not log into my account. If I try to watch any videos this way, the audio plays but the visuals don't. If I press 'back'  again, the visuals play but with the time and suggested video overlay. Press 'back' again the overlay disappears.

- I can try and send videos to play on the TV from my laptop, and it says that it's sending them, but it doesn't always connect. Very tempremental.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I've called Telstra about this and they said it was a known issue as they'd received calls about it already, but they couldn't do anything about it? So it's over a week later and the issue is still remaining - do we just have to keep waiting until whenever for this to be fixed, or should I contact YouTube..? Thanks a bunch!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: YouTube app not working

@Lenore1

Welcome to CrowdSupport!

I'm sorry you're having issues with the YouTube application, and I can see you've already uninstalled and re-installed it.

I was wondering is it only the YouTube app that you're having issues with, do other applications load and stream okay?

The other things you could try would be possibly checking to see if there is any software update available for the Telstra TV and also try a factory reset.

- Justyn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

RangaTangII
Level 2: Rookie

I am having exactly the same problems, all other apps are fine, so will try your advice and see what happens.

RangaTangII

Software was up to date. |Did system restart on Telstra TV and problem solved.

Gobsmakd

Good tip thanks. I had the same problem and a system restart (under settings) fixed it immediately.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update Gobsmackd Smiley Happy Glad that the system restart fixed up this issue for you Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Walipat

System restart hasn't worked for me.

please help!

Walipat

AHA, It was the software. All good now and something learned
Somebodyelse

For me, I tried restarting the Telstra TV box, but no good. Then tried deleting all the paired devices in settings of the youtube app. That worked for me.

Tweetylove

Same issue I'd reset b4 but didn't help until I deleted the link to my phone now it's all good works through YouTube and linked from from phone again.
NDGBROWN

same here there seames to be no fix yet

Support Team
Support Team

Hi NDGBROWN, if the information above hasn't helped then our Telstra TV support teams on 1800 087 688 would be best to contact for investigation and help.

johndoe99
Level 4: Private Eye

Rebooting fixed issue for me
Lparker

Thank you so much. I have been having the exact same problems for a few days. Your tipped worked brilliantly.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now