sarmjai
Level 4: Private Eye

help , cannot activate $75 Telstra TV Box Office credit

Answered

I am at silver tier, and I use the Activate your credit button on the telstra plus page to try to activate the credit, but after I have clicked it, it redirect me to a page written - Sorry We were unable to identify you as you have no offers associated with your Telstra ID. Please add a service to your Telstra ID via Telstra 24x7 MyAccount under account settings. Once you have added a service to your Telstra ID, please login again.. I have asked live chat and they have no idea why, and some of them said I cannot use my credit points cos I am using prepaid service. Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sarmjai
Accepted Solution

Re: help , cannot activate $75 Telstra TV Box Office credit

https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints/make-a-complaint 

complains help, just keep complaining everyone Smiley Happy  Use the link above, ignore all the other channels. Telstra cannot fix it, ask for other solution. Telstra is rich anyway, look at their share price. 

Time for sending complain regarding Kayo .... 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
42 REPLIES 42
Jayman05
Level 2: Rookie

I'm having the exact same issue, but I'm on a contract/plan
sarmjai

I wondered should I use the silver tier 's once off Platinum support to ask for help.
Level 25: The Singularity

Have you logged in to Telstra TV Box Office on your Telstra TV (or through the app on your phone) first, using your Telstra ID?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Hugh4

Me too (Gold status- so this error doesn’t discriminate;-) I wonder if it has anything to do with Telstra IDs. For some reason I have accumulated 3 Telstra IDs over the years. These are xxxxxxx@telstra.com, xxxxxx@bigpond.com and xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com. They ALL work when I use them to log into my Telstra Account. So I thought I would align all devices (TelstaTV) and accounts (Box Office, Telstra log in) to one of the aforementioned IDs to see if that would work. It didn’t. I have spoken to the Telstra TV people and they seem to think that it is a clashing ID issue but weren’t able to fix it as it is not their area of expertise.
A lesson for life. 'You can't beat the system'.
sarmjai

@Jupiter, definitely tried. I also have credit from another promotion in the Telstra tv box office account.
adam_zutta

same issue,

even telstra have NFI.

offer us credit and cant deliver, typical crap,
Rocket12

I'm also on contract as a good tier.i can not use the free movie money as I don't have a code
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Rocket12. Thanks for coming through. Are you having problems with the Telstra Plus portal? - https://tel.st/83jay - Are you logged in okay? - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

sarmjai

@MattyC why just respond to Rocket12 ? we ALL have the same problem
sunni
Level 3: Gumshoe

I tried changing my Telstra id on the Telstra tv app Box Office , and while it stated it had changed my Telstra id to another one, when I went into settings it was still on the original one.  Finding that I cannot change my id on Box Office.

I also spent an hour today "chatting" to Telstra on line with no results. 

I can sign in with the other id but it still states that I am logged in on the original.  Sigh!!

So I am inclined to agree with you that is an ID issue, as my Telstra plus acct is with the second 'other' id that box office ignores.

Taz62

I am having the same issue with mine as well

@sarmjai wrote:

I am at silver tier, and I use the Activate your credit button on the telstra plus page to try to activate the credit, but after I have clicked it, it redirect me to a page written - Sorry We were unable to identify you as you have no offers associated with your Telstra ID. Please add a service to your Telstra ID via Telstra 24x7 MyAccount under account settings. Once you have added a service to your Telstra ID, please login again.. I have asked live chat and they have no idea why, and some of them said I cannot use my credit points cos I am using prepaid service. Can anyone help please?

@sarmjai wrote:

@sarmjai wrote:

@sarmjai wrote:

@sarmjai wrote:

. Telstra Plus is starting to become a joke !

sarmjai

Everyone, please make a formal complaint using the online form

Hugh4

So I thought I would try to 'activate' my credit one last time before ringing Telstra (or chatting with some poor overworked call centre person) and guess what? It worked. No error message. The Telstra Box Office page opened and allowed me to activate the $110 worth of free movies etc. So I jumped on to my TV and logged in and there it was.......a $110 credit in my TBO account. Not sure why it worked but I guess  my advice to everyone on this thread is just keep trying. 

A lesson for life. 'You can't beat the system'.
sarmjai

still tried , still got this error

Sorry

We were unable to identify you as you have no offers associated with your Telstra ID.

Please add a service to your Telstra ID via Telstra 24x7 MyAccount under account settings.  Once you have added a service to your Telstra ID, please login again..

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Sarmjai. 

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble. Please contact our support team on 132200 and say "Telstra Plus" or jump onto live chat https://tel.st/ag534 & select "Entertainment & Apps" from the first drop-down menu & "Telstra Plus" from the second drop-down menu. This will get you through to out Telstra Plus support team for further assistance with this error you are getting. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

sunni

I made a formal complaint in writing on Thursday 13/6/19. 

I haven't even had an email reply.

So I am feeling that that was a complete waste of my time as today is the 17th of June.

Re thinking all my accounts with Telstra.

Support Team
Support Team

Ok thank you, I apologise this has caused you to wish to move on. 

After you submit a complaint you receive a confirmation email shortly-after with your full reference number in the subject line. Sometimes this can go to your spam/junk folder, check your email for this and let me know if you find it. I will use this to contact complaints and request a case manager be assigned to call you as soon as possible.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

@sunni it can take up to 5 business days to get the initial response from complaints. Today would technically be day 2.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
uccoffee

@TommyR 

I will wait for the complaint team to contact me back, I have tried the TelstraTV team / Plus team, they just told me to wait cos prepaid is not support blah blah blah which I believe is not true. 

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for keeping us updated @uccoffee,

I'm confident that our complaints team will be able to work with you towards a resolution.

Please keep us in the loop on how you get on.

- Matty

sarmjai

I have got another reply from complaint team, I found even they are hopeless. 

The email = 

Thank you for responding to our email dated 17 June 2019.

I have looked into your queries and can confirm:

You may only redeem or activate your $75 Telstra TV Box Office credit by 31 July 2019
Support from boxofficesupport@telstratv.com or 1800 502 502 Telstra TV Support team regarding redemption or activation issues on the $75 Telstra TV Box Office credit  will only be entertained and available on the 31 July 2019
To advise you wait for the 31 July 2019 before activating or redeeming your credit, but we have confirmed that you are indeed eligible for this offer.
Should you have any other clarifications you may contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you.
If you’d like to talk more you can contact me on 1800 241 787* or emailJamesDanielle.Liu.2@team.telstra.com, quoting your Telstra complaint reference number SR 1-2066644719235. I'm available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm AEST.

If we haven't heard from you by 3 July 2019 we’ll consider this matter to be closed without any acceptance or action taken.

Best regards,

James
Employee Number H104152

To advise you wait for the 31 July 2019 before activating or redeeming your credit, but we have confirmed that you are indeed eligible for this offer. <<, 

regarding this point, Does it mean I have to set ALARM and do it ON 31 July 2019? what happen if it is still not fixed on that day.

I also have sent  boxofficesupport@telstratv.com more details with pictures and url etc, and they have replied 
Your case has been escalated...

But that is only 2 days ago, still waiting. 

Just keeping you people update. 

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update sarmjai,

Would you like me to pass this onto your case manager or ask that they call or did you just purely want to keep us & the crowd updated on your progress?

Angela 

Yes, I think that the complaints manager hasn't got a clue what he's doing in respect to your issue.

The advice that he has given you is nonsensical in the least.

Hopefully Box Office support looks into it properly for you.

sarmjai

I sent him a email already, and got a reply that totally ignore 1 of my questions. Clearly that your staff only read part of the email. 

Hi James,

You have changed the wording from "by 31 July 2019" to "credit will only be entertained and available on the 31 July 2019".
Telstra website clearly stated " Activate by 31 July 2019."
Does it mean I have to set ALARM and do it ON 31 July 2019? what happen if it is still not fixed on that day.
Also, you have written, " If we haven't heard from you by 3 July 2019 we’ll consider this matter to be closed without any acceptance or action taken."
Isnt that too early to say that this matter will be closed on 3 July 2019 if you only say the "credit will only be entertained and available on the 31 July 2019".

Did you actually read what I sent you?

I have sent boxofficesupport@telstratv.com more details, and they have replied
Your case has been escalated...

Charm

Hi Charmaine,

I’m sorry for the confusion, we do use email templates and as a requirement we need to inform you that if we have not receive a response the complaint will be closed.

I do agree with you that it’s too early to tell if the matter will be closed on the 3 July.

For the meantime we’ll leave the complaint open until you are actually able to redeem the credits.

Best Regards,

James

sarmjai

sorry, double up

Eagles1818

Same issue here. Pretty disgusted with Telstra response
Eagles1818

I actually think this is one for tbe ombudsman. Telstra showing no interest in sorting out
sarmjai

give them 5 business day, and try ombudsman after then Smiley Happy 

Pauljc26
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem with trying to activate the box office credit

also get the same message when trying to redeem the Kayo credit

got onto chat and his only answer was try different browser

tried 3 browsers and all came up with the message

MissP

So annoyed, have used BigPond Movies successfully but now it’s changed to Telstra Box office and applied credit, tonight shows a message the app is no longer available on my LG TV since August 2018. Yet I logged in and rented a movie this morning ready to watch tonight using the credit and the app. What’s going on??!! My LG TV is new this year so not an old model. Grrrr.....
sarmjai

how to complain the complaint team?
I have emailed the Customer Relationship Manager 6 days ago 

and logged a call for her to call back on 28/06/2019 
and no reply 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @sarmjai

It is not good to read of the poor experience you have had regarding your complaint. Can I please confirm your SR complaint reference number? This will allow me to email your case managers supervisor asking for your complaint to be reviewed. 

Look forward to your reply.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @sarmjai

Just checking back in to see how you went with the reference?

Please let us know so we can attempt to assist further.

- Stef

sunni

Still waiting

Support Team
Support Team

How are you trying to activate the credit sunni.

Was this a bonus credit you received when you signed up or a Telstra Plus Reward?

mattw2

Hi all,

I thought I would post that this is still an on-going issue for me even after trying escalate and raise it as an issue since the offer first come out close to the month ago as part of the Telstra Plus program.

It seems the issue is pretty wide spread reading through everyone's posts.

A work around promised is that they would credit my account $75 and it would appear on the next bill - surprise surprise, get my bill today and nothing was done.

I have to say well done to Telstra, completely useless support on something they are offering....  It really  makes  you think twice about remaining with them.

MissP

Also had issues purchasing Telstra cheap movie tickets. Seems they don’t work through the app on your phone or tablet. Need to log into a PC. When you click the ‘get tickets’ link the server times out trying to log into Telstra Plus. If it does it then loops back to the start page over and over. Pretty poor to launch a new rewards system for your 24/7 app when nothing works on it 😳.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @mattw2

Very sorry to hear that the advised credit is yet to land on your account. Our Billing team via secure Live Chat here:  https://tel.st/sps8z can access your account to check the details and ensure this is resolved for you. 

Pauljc26

I have given up on getting the $75 credit and the free Kayo month

why they didn't just send codes instead of making a complete balls up

The box office is pretty crappy anyway, no 4K content

tv series pack only in SD are you kidding me

what are we living in the 80's

sarmjai
Accepted Solution

complains help, just keep complaining everyone Smiley Happy  Use the link above, ignore all the other channels. Telstra cannot fix it, ask for other solution. Telstra is rich anyway, look at their share price. 

Time for sending complain regarding Kayo .... 

Clarke11

I'm having the same problem and every time I try to activate the offer I get a error message. I rang Telstra and they didn't know what to do but they gave me this number to call 1300 206 622 and guess what it is disconnected! I just rang the 1800 502 502 number to speak with Telstra box office and their open hours are from 1PM to 10PM! Today is the 31st of July and the final day to redeem this $75 movie credit, I have been trying since May to get it to work and I'm so over it like many others seem to be. Question is did anyone actually get this offer to work in the end? 

paulp6262

I made it to activating the credit, only to find my pre 2016 TV is not able to stream to it (its 2015) and then when I tried screen mirroring off a tablet it complained the device wasnt supported in HD but I could re-purchase in SD and it might work.

Just give up, its way easier on the stress levels, the process reminds me of Cash back offers from the 1980's which were purposefully designed to be so cumbersome and confusing you would either not use it or fail.

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now