CrowdSupport®
wags4403
Level 1: Cadet

telstra tv 3 locks up occassionally when loading free to air channels ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: telstra tv 3 locks up occassionally when loading free to air channels ?

Sorry for the frustration, Wags4403. Might need a factory reset. Have you given that a try? - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

wags4403

I tried the factory re-start today as suggested. The setup went smoothly but from the get-go the tv guide didn't work and was locked in a loop. I did my usual fix by removing power from the TV3 box for a few seconds then re-powering it. The guide then comes straight up. The antenna connection is only connected to the TV3. I know it is a good signal as I live in a six year old apartment block so the connection to us comes via an amplifier splitter on each floor. The signal has never ever been a problem. This tv guide lock up happens almost on a daily basis and is very annoying. Every time it does I have to remove power and then power back up. This trick works everytime. It appears to me to be a it is a s/w fault. I am thinking of asking for a return and refund.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @wags4403, I can appreciate the frustration. What happens when you tried a factory reset? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

wags4403

What happened following the factory reset is as detailed in my response to Matty C.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @wags4403,

If a factory reset hasn't fixed the issue our Telstra TV Assurance team can assist any time on 132200 and say TELSTRA TV then FAULTS.

If the unit is determined to be faulty, then a replacement can be sent out to you. 

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more