how do i get Tubi on my telstra tv

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: tubi on telstra tv

It's not available on a Telstra TV.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

@marlkev If there is an app or feature you would like to see available on the Telstra TV use the following form...

SUGGEST APPS AND FEATURES ON TELSTRA TV

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Accepted Solution

It's not available on a Telstra TV.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Accepted Solution

@marlkev If there is an app or feature you would like to see available on the Telstra TV use the following form...

SUGGEST APPS AND FEATURES ON TELSTRA TV

Fruitloop99
Level 2: Rookie

According to this article I found Tubi has launched in Australia as of 1st September and will be available on Telstra TV as well as Apple TV, Google Chromecast, PS4 and Xbox One. However, I haven’t seen anything confirmed by Telstra. I also did a check for updates and system reboot on my Telstra TV. However doesn’t appear to be on there.

https://mumbrella.com.au/free-streaming-platform-tubi-will-launch-in-australia-on-september-1-595867

@Fruitloop99 wrote:

According to this article I found Tubi has launched in Australia as of 1st September and will be available on Telstra TV as well as Apple TV, Google Chromecast, PS4 and Xbox One. However, I haven’t seen anything confirmed by Telstra. I also did a check for updates and system reboot on my Telstra TV. However doesn’t appear to be on there.

https://mumbrella.com.au/free-streaming-platform-tubi-will-launch-in-australia-on-september-1-595867

@Fruitloop99 That article does say "will be" so it isn't yet. And Telstra don't usually do media releases until it is launched.

And the TubiTV website only mentions Roku devices and not Telstra TV specifically . Although the Telstra TV is a Roku device, only a small number of Roku apps are available to install on the Telstra TV.

Could be that either the journalist didn't understand the difference, or that TubiTV hasn't finished getting it approved for the Telstra TV and jumped the gun on their announcement.

Highlighted
Fruitloop99

Could very well be on its way soon. This article popped up on the Nova 919 Facebook page.

https://www.nova919.com.au/entertainment/new-streaming-service-offering-library-bigger-netflix-free

@Fruitloop99 wrote:

Could very well be on its way soon. This article popped up on the Nova 919 Facebook page.

https://www.nova919.com.au/entertainment/new-streaming-service-offering-library-bigger-netflix-free

@Fruitloop99 I'm for all streaming apps to be put into the TTV, so make sure you still register your interest with the link I posted above.

Fruitloop99

Just checked my Telstra tv today and the Tubi app is now available to download on Telstra tv

Just tried it out and even my teenage kids were begging me to delete it after 5 minutes. The biggest collection of D grade (mostly ripoffs of other movies) movies in Australia.

It is gone, never to be reinstalled again.

Fruitloop99

Well you can’t expect too much when it’s for free. But there’s still a few half decent shows on there. I have a big Wiggles fan in the house so was pleased to see that Tubi has the Wiggles. As far as kids shows are concerned I also saw some old looney tunes bugs bunny shows, Caspar the ghost, and Babar the elephant, which I remember watching on abc as a kid. Also saw Stranger than Fiction on there which was a half decent Will Ferrel movie.  

@Fruitloop99 wrote:

Just checked my Telstra tv today and the Tubi app is now available to download on Telstra tv

@Fruitloop99 Good news :-)

Just had a quick look. I'm into Westerns, SyFi, so there is a few there :-) 

I think its category listing is better than Netflix tbh. And unlike Netflix it doesn't start playing a demo while you have it highlighted which is really friggin annoying Mr Netflix!

Telstra TV

Telstra TV helps you find and discover more of what you love.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now