Vivek1
Level 1: Cadet

Seeking mobile phone service for our month-long visit to Australia

Hi there,

We arrive in Melbourne in exactly one week (morning of Tuesday, July 20th) and will be carrying three iPhone's that we'd like to use during our month-long visit:  one iPhone 5S and two iPhone 5Cs.

We are not familiar with the various service offerings but are told that Telstra has the best coverage.   We will be mostly in Darwin NT but also in Melbourne and a few days in Kakadu.

We need voice, data and texting.   Although we are on a pretty strict budget, we hope to have unlimited texting, but could manage with a low per-minute rate on the voice and pretty limited data.

Could you please recommend a plan for us, and what we should do as soon as we arrive.  We will be staying with a host in Glen Waverly which I understand is very close to The Glen shopping center.

Thanks,

Vivek

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Seeking mobile phone service for our month-long visit to Australia

Hello,

The various Telstra stores do not usually monitor this website.

It would be best to contact them when you arrive

Shop 261-263 The Glen Shopping Centre, 235 Springvale Road The Glen, VIC 3150, Australia
+61 1800 728 207

Here is a link to the pre-paid deals Telstra offers.  Hope that helps

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now