CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
vallajac
Level 3: Gumshoe

Add Names to Service Number in Online Bill

Answered

Hi there, we live in an over 50's village and we have heard of people having issues when a partner dies when the account has only been in that persons name?

We are thinking it might save a lot of angst if we add my name to the account now?

Is it possible to do this online or should we go to a Telstra shop and will it be easy enough to do?

Thanks Jacqui

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Add Names to Service Number in Online Bill

Hi there Vallajac, yes you can add an extra person as a partner to your account.

If you pop along to the following link and then scoll down the page to the Title: "Add or remove name from Telstra Account", there you'll find a full description of the requirements to put this in place and how to go about it: http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Billing/ct-p/undefined#item-ARTICLES-Accounts_Billing-4000...

And as you'll see on there, yes it can be done at a Telstra store. Personally with things like this, that's my prefered weay to do things.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Vallajac,

It is a good idea to have someone else listed on your account in these situations. You can do it online at http://tel.st/49kl over the phone on 13 22 00 or in store, whatever is easier for you - Oliver

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Hi there Vallajac, yes you can add an extra person as a partner to your account.

If you pop along to the following link and then scoll down the page to the Title: "Add or remove name from Telstra Account", there you'll find a full description of the requirements to put this in place and how to go about it: http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Billing/ct-p/undefined#item-ARTICLES-Accounts_Billing-4000...

And as you'll see on there, yes it can be done at a Telstra store. Personally with things like this, that's my prefered weay to do things.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Vallajac,

It is a good idea to have someone else listed on your account in these situations. You can do it online at http://tel.st/49kl over the phone on 13 22 00 or in store, whatever is easier for you - Oliver

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

vallajac
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thankyou, very much appreciated, I'll get it sorted sooner rather than later Smiley Surprised)

That's good to hear. Better to get these things in place while you can. I can personally relate to the situation (age wise) Smiley Happy

And consider what I said, face to face at the shop, young hear clearly what's being said, and see exactly what's being done for you. Also make sure that you have that appropriate id points material with you.

Signature.gif

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now