JM2036
Level 1: Cadet

Blocked from accessing web site; is Telstra blocking IP addresses?

Hi Help,

Up until about a year ago I was able to access and manage my web sites from the PC, but cant now. The hosting provider has suggested that Telstra have blocked this server. URL is:

https://ornstein.instanthosting.com.au:2083/

Error: 

Hmmm...can’t reach this page

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Blocked from accessing web site; is Telstra blocking IP addresses?

I am able to access this URL using Telstra cable in Melbourne.

Have you tried another browser?
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Are you able to access site on other non Telstra connections? I have tried both optus and Telstra and can't connect on both connections. Error message is

There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

I am able to access the site if I change IPv4  DNS setting to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, If you change DNS setting either diable IPv6 on the router or the PC and reconnect PC for custom DNS settings to work
JM2036

Hi cf4, 

I'm able to access the site from access my Mobile Phones Hotspot (Telstra) and from public internet connections. Just not from my Bigpond Cable connections.

Ta. 

JM2036

Hi Jagaf,

Thx, I have tried IE, Edge, Chrome and Safari with no luck. The only way I can get a connection is from my mobile phones hotspot (Telstra).

Thx
Level 21: Augmented

The site is being reported as malicious and hence Telstra is blocking access to it (https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/5869b757ce8c275ff9eb31bf7f351231a4eee30bd3f799cfe5d901ac946007d0/de...) unusual port does not help...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now