Highlighted
SteveJJ
Level 2: Rookie

Can't access blocked site after removing block

Hi,

I had blocked YouTube in the Parental Control section of the Telstra MyAccount.

However I need to access YouTube, so I have tried to remove the block. I tried two approaches:

- removing YouTube from the list of blocked sites

- switching off Parental Control completely.

Neither has worked i.e. I still cannot access YouTube. The browser displays the message:

This site can’t provide a secure connection
www.youtube.com sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERRORThis site can’t provide a secure connection
www.youtube.com sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I have restarted the computer and the router, cleared my browsing cache, tried three different devices, but still no luck.

Any ideas how to fix this?

cheers

steve

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Can't access blocked site after removing block

As you have confirmed the settings have been changed within My Account, cleared the browser cache, restarted the modem and computer. This may be an issue with the address of the site that you are trying or a setting within the browser. 

Are you trying to go to a specific link or just https://youtube.com ? Is this affecting multiple devices on the same internet service?

If the problem continues, please contact Tech Support by calling 133933 and so that they can assist you further and escalate if required.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now