km007
Level 1: Cadet

Chat transcript

Answered

In the last few days, I have requested a copy of my 3 chat transcripts to be emailed to me. Each time, I have completed the chat survey, provided my email address and pressed "Submit".  No copies have been received.  Yes, the email address has been correct and I have checked my spam folder.  On the last occasion, the consultant (Codi) stated "I see, at the end of this chat, there is a plus (+) sign at the bottom left part, that will allow you to send the chat transcript to your preferred email. That's 101% guaranteed".  I am still waiting!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Chat transcript

Thanks for clarifying. If you use the same email address to log into Live Chat each time; then the new consultant will be able to read your previous conversations and get up to speed quickly. 

I'm sure your recharge will go well, but if it doesn't, that information is still available. Appreciate your patience, please let us know how you get on. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Sounds like it's playing up again. A workaround is to open notepad and to copy and paste the conversation.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
km007

Thanks, but it's a tad late to do that now. The latest chat was earlier today and once I clicked on "Submit" the conversation disappeared. I would have thought Telstra could email it to me manually - they have a record of the chat because the operator was able to pull it up (and display it) during my second chat.
Support Team
Support Team

@km007 Sorry that this is not working for you. This feature is the main way to get the transcript, we are not able to send them after the fact.

What was the reason you wanted to hold onto the transcript?

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

km007

As a back-up, if there was an issue with my recharge.
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Thanks for clarifying. If you use the same email address to log into Live Chat each time; then the new consultant will be able to read your previous conversations and get up to speed quickly. 

I'm sure your recharge will go well, but if it doesn't, that information is still available. Appreciate your patience, please let us know how you get on. - Matthew.

Reece90

Oh no goog
Nb33

oliverrat
Level 2: Rookie

I have had the same issue, about the last 5 times I have requested transcript over the last couple of months and they just dont turn up anymore. Did a chat today and still waiting.
cheers
Highlighted
Dave60
Level 2: Rookie

I’ve had the same experience with not receiving my chat transcripts. I don’t care if the staff can read them when you start another chat , I want the same facility available to me as Telstra staff , that’s the whole point of requesting a copy being emailed

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more