Mum-Died
Level 2: Rookie

Death

Death of account holder. Transferred to authorised person. New account number set up and email bill for that account received but Transfer did not take place. Authorised person no longer has authority over account even though they are executor of will and have had full authority for account for over 40 years. Accounts original email address linked directly to account deleted by Telstra/ BigPond. Account being paid. Account now being charged for paper bill but original email address deleted. Often unable to sign into my email account linked to this Telstra account at BigPond so email bills would be useless.

Who at Telstra changed the authority level ?

Who at Telstra deleted the original email address linked directly to the account ?

It was  ccertainly  not the account holder as she has been deceased for 14 year !

Who did not follow through with the transfer of the account.

Who had neglected to contact the executor of the will.

Who has been paying the account of $94 a month for the passed 14 years. The executor has!

Who can sort this mess out ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Mum-Died

Death II

Death of account holder. Transferred to authorised person. New account number set up and email bill for that account received but Transfer did not take place. Authorised person no longer has authority over account even though they are executor of will and have had full authority for account for over 40 years. Accounts original email address linked directly to account deleted by Telstra/ BigPond. Account being paid. Account now being charged for paper bill but original email address deleted. Often unable to sign into my email account linked to this Telstra account at BigPond so email bills would be useless.

Who at Telstra changed the authority level ?

Who at Telstra deleted the original email address linked directly to the account ?

It was certainly not the account holder as she has been deceased for 14 year !

Who did not follow through with the transfer of the account.

Who had neglected to contact the executor of the will.

Who has been paying the account of $94 a month for the passed 14 years. The executor has!

Who can sort this mess out ?

Level 20: Director

Re: Death

First of all I am sorry for your loss.

The following information should be able to help you here.

I certainly understand what you have gone through so far hasn't been very helpful.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!

Re: Death II

@Mum-Died I have responded in your other thread.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Billing-Payments/Death/m-p/775477/highlight/true#M18119

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Level 21: Augmented

I think this would be more of a legal issue, think you would need to talk  to your own lawyer or Telstra's legal team about this.

given that executors genenally have a limited time frame to close up accounts/ debts and then see whats left of assets, i think the 14 years might have been pushing acceptible limits of closure.

this is why i think you would need to talk to a legal rep.

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
Mum-Died

Thank you, however this process has failed.
Mum-Died

Thank you. There is no length of time to finalise a will.

Telstra have been informed numerous times over the 14 year period including by solicitor.

I think Telstra is the one that is, as you put it “Pushing It”
Support Team
Support Team

Hello, I am very sorry to hear of your loss and I apologise for the experience you have had with trying to get these account matters resolved.

I recommend lodging this as a formal complaint via this link http://tel.st/xgblu where a case manager will be assigned and will be in contact with you directly to discuss a solution further. If you can please reply with the SR reference number generated, I can get this escalated as soon as possible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mum-Died

Telstra Billing Dead People ~ Isn’t There A Royal Commission Into Another Entity Doing The Exact Same Thing ~

Plus The Added Bonus Of Now Charging For A Paper Bill When Mum’ Email Address Has Been Deleted By Telstra ?

Funny Money
Mum-Died

SR Refererence Number Not Generated ~ Anyone Certain Telstra Should Be In The Telecommunications Business?
Support Team
Support Team

I'm really sorry that this has not at all been a pleasant experience for you, that's really disappointing. 

When you say 'SR Reference Number Not Generated' is this an error message that happened after filling in that online form that Jessica referred you to?

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more