CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Error message 'Sorry, there was an error retrieving your details. Please try again later'

Hi, I have subscribed to Telstra Broadband Protect for our Home Broadband Account however, I cannot access the settings to change them. When I log onto My Account, Broadband Protect does not appear as an Add-On and when I click on the Internet link in My Account the error message 'Sorry, there was an error retrieving your details. Please try again later.' Also when I click on the Manage button for Telstra Air the following error message appears 'We’re experiencing technical problems and can’t load status. Please try again later.'. I have lodged a job with Telstra and spend hours and hours on the phone. I have removed and reloaded Broadband Protect a couple of times and a Telstra back-of-house technician also could not seem to help me. The technician rang me several times every day and could not seem to understand I was at work and could not deal with the issue. There is no after-hours service which I find baffling. Eventually I had to ignore his calls and hope the issue would resolve itself. IT DID NOT. It has been going on for a few months now. The language and cultural barriers of the Telstra customer service officers/technicians make resolving these complex issues very difficult. We recently switched from Optus in part because of customer service issues only to find the same issues at Telstra. What happened to this great Australian Company? As you can tell, I am very frustrated....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Error message 'Sorry, there was an error retrieving your details. Please try again later'

Same here.
I do have a work around for formally lodging a complaint online.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

When you use the drop down menu, make sure NOT to use the topic NBN. I'm pretty sure its either deliberately throwing back a fault code or its overloaded. Choose "other" and if that does not work choose "Issues with my service", even "Accounts and Billing" magically your complaint will get through.
Is it plugged in?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit