CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hmm

Monday, 16 September 2019
Dear Nina,
Complaints Manager.
My Telstra complaint reference SR 12162466048920
As Requested by you Nina, I give you my full name and date of birth for security purposes.
Martin Andrew Mc Kay
D.O.B: <removed for privacy>
I thank you for listening to me and granting my preference for communications to solve the problem of a very low speed at premium time between 7pm-11pm on my $140 per month plan. I ask Telstra to offer me a complimentary 24mth contract tier 100 or equivalent or monetary compensation for that value that I require from Telstra when Telstra did not comply, with the speed boost promise after contract end JAN 2018 to present day at this time of writing Sunday, 15 September 2019. And most likely during my 24mth contract beginning in JAN 2016 and ending in 2018.
RE: COMPLAINT ABOUT FAULTY INTERNET SPEED PREEMIUM SPEEDBOOST BETWEEN 7PM- 11PM IN THE EVENING CONTRACT PURCHASED JAN 2016 CONTRACT ENDED JAN 2018 OUT OF COTRACT TILL PRESENT DAY WITH SAME TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF JAN 2016 CONTRACT. AND THE OFFER OF A COMPLIMENTARY 24MTH CONTRACT TIER 100 OR EQUIVALENT OR MONETARY COMPENSATION FOR THAT VALUE FOR COMPENSATION THEROF.
I am unhappy with the quality of the service I purchased from Telstra from JAN 16 onward. I am writing to seek a replacement. I am now very frustrated with the Telstra brand and the service experience. Nina your archive files you hold on me and the many complaints about the service and the telephone call recordings will attest as evidence of my frustration with your organisation I have had four (4) technicians at the property, and I have had two (2) modem replacements. You concluded the problem fixed. And Telstra by closing off complaint tickets, when in fact, it was not true and that the problems of my complaint continued. The internet plan is not of acceptable quality and does not match the sample shown in the cable plan Telstra web site store.
I would like you to replace the internet plan with one of the same qualities and finish as the sample on your website. And I understand that the plan is very much cheaper. Notice I write finish, understand this as premium speed.
You Telstra, have not informed me of change of product line relating to the change of broadband products and therefore allowing me to save money on the plan instead you continue the same terms and conditions. I have been loyal for twenty (20) years or more.
I pay $140 per month for a plan that is sub-par and that is now $90 a month with no speed boost and performs better than the product you sold me.
I have attached a copy of an excel spreadsheet document file of the Ookla speed test since July 2019 to present day. I have also provided you a screen shot of the Ookla speed test for the Sunday, 15 September 2019 for your convenience.
I would like to have this problem fixed quickly please. I have been more than patient and forgiving now, If I do not hear from you within 10 days, by email I will lodge a formal complaint with Consumer Affairs in my state of Queensland Australia.
You can contact me on <removed for privacy> to discuss this matter further.
Thank you for allowing me to raise my concerns with you, I look forward to chatting with you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Martin Andrew Mc Kay.

Enclosed: Copy of this letter, the Ookla speed test Excel file and screen shot of Ookla speed test Sunday, 15 September 2019.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Hmm

As this is a public forum, please remove your personal details to preserve your privacy.

Crowd Support is essentially a customer to customer support forum. There is not any account access here.

You are best to use an official Telstra customer service channel

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Martin, 

I'm sorry to hear of your experience with us and can appreciate the frustration here.

I've just emailed your case manager and relayed what's been discussed here. 

ProfessorPhone is right here, please be careful with your private information on the public forum.

Let me know how you go when they call as I'm confident they're eager to speak with you.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit