Highlighted
Phatzimihail
Level 2: Rookie

How to claim Assure?

Answered
Hello

I'm trying to claim Assure as unfortunately my phone got lost. I'm not near a Telstra Store. I only have access to my iPad but when I try using the Telstra 24x7 Live Chat is gives me the categories, and then just goes to a grey screen in Safari.

I can't call either as currently have no service.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: How to claim Assure?

No worries Phatzimihail, I have sent that to the complaints team for assignment with a precis of what has gone on. I'm also going to bring this thread to the attention of my one up in the hope they have someone we can provide this feedback to, it's possible your circumstances were not anticipated when the product was launched!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

You call 132200 (you may need to borrow someone else's telstra phone - the call will be free for them), however according to the Critical Information Summary, Assure does not cover lost phones. It is to allow you to upgrade early for a fee, and the original handset has to be returned.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Phatzimihail

When I signed up to the swap plan, "Assure" was the instance, that they said if the phone is lost stolen or damaged you can upgrade for a $190 fee. I'm aware of the swap after 12 months by handing the phone back in, but I believe "Assure", the extra $10 a month is for the insurance. I can't call 132200. Is there no other way?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Phatzimihail, 

Is your phone on a Business Plan and have you purchased or Leased it?

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Phatzimihail

Hello Linda,
No not on a business plan, it's on a Go Mobile Swap plan with the $10 Assure extra, as stated previously. I simply want to claim Assure. Thank you
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the clarification Phatzimihail, 

Unfortunately there is no email contact method available for Assure, they are only contactable via the phone number you have stated.

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/help/pdf/cis-personal/mobile/personal-critical-...

Kind Regards 

Phatzimihail

Hi Lundy,
Hope you could be of assistance. So I contacted the billing team and the consultant over the phone was not sure what I was talking about (lol?), and was trying to transfer me / put me on hold several times to try and find the right person to claim Assure.

I got fed up and hung up. I finally got the 24x7 chat to work who again informed me the only way to claim Assure was to ca up the billing team. I asked them twice and they confirmed twice to call 13 22 00 and go to Billing to claim Assure. They guaranteed it.

I just got off the phone about 10 minutes ago with the billing team, and the consultant told me the only way to claim Assure was to go into a Telstra Store.

How convenient. I ordered the plan via the online shop and NO WHERE in the Critical Information Summary did it claim I needed to go into store. I explained to the consultant that the online chat team told me twice that I could do it over the phone, where she then proceeded to call her consultant incompetent and said that they were wrong.

Her supervisor also confirmed this. Unfortunately, when asked to be put through to the complaints team they told me the department was closed and said they would call me back tomorrow.

This is ridiculous. I bought the phone and plan online because I am over 500km away from the nearest store, they sent the phone out to me. Now that I have the insurance / Assure, they won't send a new phone?

I am aware of the recontract and $190 fee, and no where in the CIS does it state it needs to be claimed in store (why even offer it to people online if they have to go in store? Some of us live remote and don't have access to a store!), so I'm now back to square one.

Sigh. Any help would be appreciated Smiley Sad
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Phatzimihail,

Apologies for the frustration. I believe the reason attendance in a store is necessary as the idea for Assure was to be able to replace the handset on the spot. Clearly our processes have failed in this regard, your feedback is much appreciated, I'll see that it gets passed along so we can improve.

At this point I think the only avenue that is going to result in the outcome we want, an Assure claim made remotely, is to lodge a formal complaint. While the complaints team does have specific operating hours, complaints lodged online will be received immediately and queued for assignment within 3-5 Business Days. If you send me through a Private Message with the SR for your complaint I (or a another team member, our PMs come through to a collective point) can attempt to expedite that time frame. Lodge an online complaint here: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint. In the PM it would be worth including a link to this thread, just for context if it isn't me that grabs it.

I'm confident that a Case Manager will be able to get this resolved, it's not advice I provide lightly.

Phatzimihail

Thanks Big_Dan your reply gives me confidence. I will lodge a complaint now and provide you with the SR in a private message. Really do appreciate your time!
Support Team
Support Team

No worries Phatzimihail, I'm here for about the next two hours so that should come through to me, maybe throw my handle in the PM just to be sure Smiley Happy

Phatzimihail

Thanks Dan, I'm actually not sure how to PM you, so for convenience the SR is <redacted>. I appreciate you quickly attending to this - it hasn't been a fun last few days 😂

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

No worries Phatzimihail, I have sent that to the complaints team for assignment with a precis of what has gone on. I'm also going to bring this thread to the attention of my one up in the hope they have someone we can provide this feedback to, it's possible your circumstances were not anticipated when the product was launched!

Phatzimihail

Hey Dan just wanted to thank you again for all your help! Within days of you replying the complaints team got onto me and got the plan all submitted and phone sent out.

They also left notes on my account so if in future we need to claim Assure again (hopefully not, but took the insurance again just in case!) we can via phone call.

Thanks again!
jorlea01
Level 1: Cadet

This is not Resolved as there is nowhere where a customer who is remote can claim Swap Assure - Even the Complaints Team have no idea

Can you please find a resolution for that is tangible and we the customer can use without having to log a complaint to get an answer - The CIS does not even give information on HOW to claim

Please advise

Support Team
Support Team

Sorry to hear, Jorlea01. 13 22 00 is the best number. Please give them another call, and let us know how you get on.

\Appreciate your patience in this - Matthew

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more