CrowdSupport®
Caclo68
Level 1: Cadet

I just want my billing email address corrected

For some ridiculous reasons after having to compromise with a lesser ADSL2+ service from a Cable service as Telstra refused to install a new Cable connection because NBNCo is due in 2021 18 months away.
I now find myself trying to correct the 'billing email name they have provided me.
They have missed the second letter in my surname and it is wrong.

I have asked for this to be corrected and I have been told this afternoon the only way fr them to fix their error is to disconnect my month old service and connect a new service  which will take them at least 5 days - possibly longer during which time I will have zero access to the Internet.
I work in IT  and I have to say I'm already paying a premium for this service and when you go and make a blatant error like this I lose out.
This is just ridiculous.
I went with Telstra because I have always been a Telstra Business mobile customer and the appeal of a 4G SIM Card fail-over was particularly appealing and I had heard really good things about Telstra Cable.
I have to say with all if this d1cking about I'm just about ready to move back to TPG..
Seriously Telstra it's an additional letter in the name.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: I just want my billing email address corrected

Yes, the system is clunky in that regard, but it could also be that the requested email address was already taken so they could have just given you one that was close. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now