UsernameX1140
Level 3: Gumshoe

Issues At Telstra

Answered

On the 13-Sep-2018 a Level 1 TIO Case Manager put a note in my account saying he had called me and left a voice message.

It has been confirmed by 3 separate agents at Telstra that my phone did not receive any calls on the day the Case Manager Stated. My call logs show no missed or received calls on the 13-Sep-2018.

I raised a complaint about this today, and was told that this complaint is to be handled by the Case Manager who is the target of my complaint. I was told that “this is the process” and “I can’t help you”. This must be handled by the same Manager as it would “be rude to” take a case away?

What ethical standards does Telstra have?

This needs to be escalated beyond call center level. Immediately.

An agent in technical support providing information about the call in question provided me the required information without verifying my identity. The is a clear privacy breach. This needs to be escalated immediately.

What the hell is wrong with Telstra.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Issues At Telstra

I think its very reasonable to contact the actual TIO itself again
Thanks
If my advice has helped you, I would be most appreciative if you can click on the "Like" button. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

I think its very reasonable to contact the actual TIO itself again
Thanks
If my advice has helped you, I would be most appreciative if you can click on the "Like" button. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Highlighted
UsernameX1140

Why they will send it back to the Case Manager who engaged in this deceptive behavior.
Support Team
Support Team

I agree this is certainly not good to hear at all. May I ask if you were offered a ref # beginning with SR 1-1 we can use to arrange to get this escalated asap. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

UsernameX1140

No.

After further discussion with a Telstra Rep online last night I have concluded that:

• Given the complaint about a Tier 1 Case Manager was to be assigned to the case manager I am complaining about
  • This is the same Case Manager I am alleging performed the actions below
  • Given that my account records appear to be falsified
  • My account was accessed without a call record
  • A privacy breach did occur

I have no faith that Telstra will review or manage this issue in a fair impartial manner. It will be escalated to external regulators including the ACCC -for your agents deceptive conduct, TIO - for failing to address complaint,and any other relevant body .

This has also been emailed to privacy@online telstra com au. If this issue is not dealt with in 30 commencing 14-Sep-2018, It will be immediately escalated to the Privacy Commission.

Furthermore, I requested the case be closed last night, given it will be escalated externally due to the seriousness of these events.

Support Team
Support Team

I appreciate what you are saying however, as you have mentioned this is now closed and has been taken up with the TIO we shall work in conjunction with them to provide you with a resolution or option. 

In relation to contacting and resolving this using our Complaints Management Team, this is not possible from here within Social Media as we are unable to investigate the concerns on your behalf and resolve this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

UsernameX1140

So after demanding the case number you admit you cannot escalate or raise this anyway.

Why did you even ask for it them? Whats wrong with you?

Support Team
Support Team

I can certainly escalate this using a ref # you were provided however, as you mentioned you requested the case be closed last night, then it is not possible for us to escalate this further. I am sorry about this. 

UsernameX1140

Who would you escalate it too?
Support Team
Support Team

Our Complaints Management Team for assignment to a new Case manager. 

UsernameX1140

So investigating

**bleep** THIS altogether, Will close my account permanently

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more