fpul
Level 4: Private Eye

Live Chat ??????

Answered

I have been trying for 2 days to use live chat ,but I can list the options that I want but when I hit the Chat Now nothing happens no window appears

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Live Chat ??????

You need to tell your browser (preferably not Safari) to request the Desktop site to get it to work properly.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES
Sargimuss
Level 1: Cadet

I have exactly the same issue.
Window disappears when selecting live chat
Accepted Solution

You need to tell your browser (preferably not Safari) to request the Desktop site to get it to work properly.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
fpul

Hi Jupiter,

I saw your reply to Sargimuss, I am using Microsoft Edge not sure what you meant,I checked again this morning and still found it disappears after hitting Live Chat , further info this also happens from inside "My Account"

I've just tried using Edge, and once the initial https://livechat.telstra.com site opens, it takes about 10 seconds for the "Need to talk to us?" window to open. You then choose the Categories and click on the "Chat Now" button and wait another 5 to 10 seconds and the chat window should open up in the bottom right corner.

fpul

Hi Jupiter , just tried , and No that does not work I now have the "Welcome to Telstra 24X7 Chat" as a Vertical Greyed out bar from the top of the screen to the bottom …. I used the Live Chat link from your reply .

Yes, that part gets greyed out and the chat window should appear in the bottom right of the browser window. Do you have pop ups blocked? That will stop it from working properly.
fpul

Tried that still no good the bottom live chat purple icon just goes around in circles ...I may have a "Compatibility problem between Microsoft Edge and Telstra Web site " I have noticed other functions are not working properly ...thanks for your help ...

pjcinoznow
Level 2: Rookie

Reading these replies it appears that the Telstra online chat system has trouble with the Microsoft Edge browser (Windows 10) and the Apple Safari browser. Are they kidding? These are the two major operating system default browsers.

fpul

Tend to agree  maybe (not trying to start a world wide avalanche) that might be the case and only just recently...even from within " My account " some functions I have tried eg. Foxtel , it logs me out, (the spinning wheel commences....not sure) ….maybe A Telstra Moderator can take this on …. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hey fpul, thank you for your post.

Were you still having trouble with these functions?

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

fpul

Yes I have just completed a Live Chat session using Google Chrome ,and had no problems .

I will look into the issue I am having using Microsoft Edge ...possibly I have a conflict within my own PC .I haven't seen anything to say it is a Telstra Web site issue ,I am glad that you are a Telstra Rep and now across this ,possibly you may have access to other information...thanks for checking 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Ok no worries, thank you fpul - not a problem at all.

If you ever have any further questions feel free to reach out to us here any time.

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more