Highlighted
SahilChunara
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile network dropout “no service”

Answered
Hi there, I am new to Telstra mobile, I have telstra broadband though. I am really happy with the broadband and thats the reason I choose to move to Telstra mobile. On this wednesday evening, I port my mobile from Optus to Telstra. I got confirmation email and message from both the companies and for the first day everything was fine but next day morning, since Thursday morning my mobile network drops frequently and shows “No service” message, right now also I have the same message. Its been almost two days and I am having this issue.

Last night I chat with the technical team, I chat with four different people. All asked me to do different things, experiments and at last one guy told me that you have new connection which takes 48hrs to align with network so wait for few more hours or go to nearest telstra store they will solve your query. I am still confuse that if it takes 48hrs to align the network then why dis I get confirmation email and message from Telstra and also if it takes the 48hrs then how can telstra store personnel solve my issue.

I am really disappointed with the service I got last night. The chat last for about hour and 20 mins and at last I lost the hope from those guys. Now I regret my decision to move to Telstra mobile. My phone is not working for last two days, I missed so many important calls which I cant even answer as I dont have mobile service. I am really disappointed new customer. Thanks god that I just register for pre-paid not post-paid.

Help if you can or lose JUST ONE CUSTOMER.

Thanks
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile network dropout “no service”

If it worked initially for a day, it could be a porting problem or possibly co-incidentally a mobile phone problem. Can you insert your sim in another phone to eliminate your phone, and put a different Telstra sim into your phone.
I'm pretty sure it is a porting issue, and someone needs to check all the porting parameters.
Are you sure you do not have any outstanding accounts with Optus?
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Which model mobile phone do you have?

It could be an issue with the 3G frequencies that your phone has access to as Optus uses 900MHz UMTS and Telstra uses 850MHz UMTS.

Some Optus phones are not capable of using 850MHz and some are but have been locked out of using it by an Optus specific firmware.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Accepted Solution

If it worked initially for a day, it could be a porting problem or possibly co-incidentally a mobile phone problem. Can you insert your sim in another phone to eliminate your phone, and put a different Telstra sim into your phone.
I'm pretty sure it is a porting issue, and someone needs to check all the porting parameters.
Are you sure you do not have any outstanding accounts with Optus?
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Accepted Solution

Which model mobile phone do you have?

It could be an issue with the 3G frequencies that your phone has access to as Optus uses 900MHz UMTS and Telstra uses 850MHz UMTS.

Some Optus phones are not capable of using 850MHz and some are but have been locked out of using it by an Optus specific firmware.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SahilChunara

Thanks for your reply.

I just been to Telstra store. They called to technical team and they say there is no issue with porting and they give me new sim. Right now its fine but I show it still drops to no reception and only 3G which doesnt even load the google search page. Also, I have no pending account with optus I got confirmation email from optus as well for porting. Lets hope for the best. I will wait for few more hours
SahilChunara

I have iphone 7plus. Last night telstra technician asked me to do network reset which I did. Also they asked me to remove sim from phone so they can do some testing. Moreover, flight mode and select the network manually. So many different things I did last night with no results. What do you suggest I need to do to match the frequency???
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi SahilChunara, Im sorry to hear of the issues that you are having and of the disappointing service you have received,  can i ask, is your phone the only one having these issues?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

You really need to do what I suggested re using your sim in another Telstra phone and another Telstra sim in your phone. That will eliminate or confirm potential/possible  fault/s or no faults/s  both with the phone and your service/sim.
Otherwise, you are going in circles.

SahilChunara

Well, I tried other companies’ sim in my mobile and all work perfectly fine. Also, I tried telstra sim in iphone 10 and samsung galaxy 8plus, it worked perfectly fine. I talked with telstra support and they suggested me to change the mobile. (Tech support’s was saying”sometime telstra sim doesnt support the iphone 7 so upgrade your phone and get one phone from Telstra”, which is not metioned anywhere in telstra site.) I port my number to other company now and my mobile works absoulatly fine. Telstra first sell me the sim then slowly tried to sell their mobile but I dont wont to change my mobile as it is in immaculate condition.

To be honest, given that your SIM works fine in other mobiles and that other SIMs work fine in your iPhone 7 plus, it sounds like a hardware fault with the 850MHz band on your iPhone 7 plus.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now