Mum-Died1
Level 2: Rookie

Mum-Died

My Original Post Under Mum-Died - I have been blocked from logging in hence the new

Mum-Died1 profile name even though the original is still under the original email login. 

For those interested this saga is still continuing at almost 15 years.
I have spoken to 4 different staff in Bereavement in the past 6 months and 3 staff in complaints in the past 3 weeks ~ The situation is the same ~ No change of name.
The property has had the phone connected since the 1950's and unfortunately looks like it will end up without one ~ Historically this is tragic but worse the ongoing nightmare of no one at Telstra being able to actually complete what they say they will ~ i.e. change of name.

So far 7 staff at Telstra have failed.

Previous Post was under Mum-Died

Death

Death of account holder. Transferred to authorised person. New account number set up and email bill for that account received but Transfer did not take place. Authorised person no longer has authority over account even though they are executor of will and have had full authority for account for over 40 years. Accounts original email address linked directly to account deleted by Telstra/ BigPond. Account being paid. Account now being charged for paper bill but original email address deleted. Often unable to sign into my email account linked to this Telstra account at BigPond so email bills would be useless.

Who at Telstra changed the authority level ?

Who at Telstra deleted the original email address linked directly to the account ?

It was  ccertainly  not the account holder as she has been deceased for 14 year !

Who did not follow through with the transfer of the account.

Who had neglected to contact the executor of the will.

Who has been paying the account of $94 a month for the passed 14 years. The executor has!

Who can sort this mess out ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
27 REPLIES
oomoodada

Re: Mum-Died

Shame, Shame, Shame on you Telstra. If none of the Telstra employees in these departments have got big enough Kahoonies then It's time to get The Top Dog to earn his Fat pay check. Assuming of course he or she has the Kahoonies & a bit more integrity than the low life bankers they lunch with. Just saying.
Level 22: Superhuman

You can write to the CEOs office.
https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/contact-ceo-form
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Mum-Died1

I have no faith in the CEO if he/she is allowing staff to actually just talk for 1.20 hours each and promise that the account would be transferred and then doesn’t.

Now that the NBN is due to be connected I have conflicting messages saying the NBN is up and running and to plug in the modem. The NBN is due to be connected in 3 weeks.

I have had emails from 3 different staff at complaints and most of it is gibberish including 2 about Telstra Air ?

So far 4 new accounts have been created and 3 removed by Telstra.

This sorry saga is going on for 15 years now and it’s getting more complicated for what was originally a change of name. (Water/ Electricity/Insurances/ House/Land we’re transferred in a timely manner)

I’d like to bury my Mother thanks Telstra !
Mum-Died1

Incompetent ~ Incomprehensible ~ Fraudulent
Mum-Died1

Thank you ~ I have pointed out to Telstra that they have actually been billing a deceased person and receiving $96 per month for almost 15 years but I have had no response.

Telstra are aware that this is a Deceased Estate and that neither the phone or internet have been used in approximately 7 years.

With all of the accounts that have been created and deleted by Telstra in the past 6 months I really am concerned at how easy it is for the creation and deletions of accounts.

Each time I phone a new account number is generated?

Maybe is it a Police matter now.
oomoodada

3 words. OMBUDSMAN. Don't threaten to go. Do It Now. Rarely ever needs to be done again, ever. Really, for anything .
CEO. Write direct to him with all relevant details you have. Involve him. No place to hide after that. I hope it's for the right reasons but he'll do the right thing regardless as we're all watching, there's an unsated top chop bloodlust & the banks will use anyone for cover.
Telstra I'm sure will recompensate all monies owed plus 15yrs of due consideration at least.
Condolences to you all for the whole sad affair.
RIP for your Mum. Give her ripper send off. Peace.
Support Team
Support Team

Really sorry to hear this is ongoing. That's certainly not the experience we aim to provide, or any sort of acceptable timeframe to have this addressed. Do you have the 'SR' reference number for one of those complaints handy? 

- Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mum-Died1

Hello Matthew,

I have many SR reference numbers ~ Every time I contact Telstra I am given a new one.

I have had garbled communications from a person claiming to be a supervisor of a complaints office ~ This individuals name is Arian.

After receiving emails and 2 auto generated text messages from this individual. I am loathe to phone Telstra as I have absolutely no faith that it will result in the account name being changed.
I was previously told Telstra would need more time.

More time is beyond belief.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that information. If we could please have the latest complaint details we will reach out to your complaints manager to request they contact you as soon as possible.

I look forward to your response.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

oomoodada

Jimmy with all respect I say Really! This has gone on for how long & now you want her to supply those details - which you can look up yourself, - just so you can put her back into the confirmed totally ineffective system that got her here. Look up Einstein's definition of insanity. At this level you don't pass back. If you can't do it pass it up. Don't quote it's how our system works because it hasn't. Try this ' be the customer feel her frustration & then do what you would like to be done if you were the customer. Schimples
Mum-Died1

Hello Jimmy,

You should have more than enough details.

Forget about terms like “ reach out “ thanks.

i have had a text to my mobile that the NBN has been connected ~ This is not true.

i have been asked to contact bereavement team for the 5th time but I have no assurance anything will be different.

i would like your comments on this situation.

Mum-Died1

P.S. What happened to Suppor Team Member MattyC who contributed above ?

What was the purpose of his ‘ contribution ‘ ?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Mum-Died1

Without a reference number, I'm unable to confirm whether a complaint has been raised & what status it's in. 

An Executor of Estate has the same permissions as a Full Authority however they must provide us with documents that confirm their position. You can find information about account access here & information about bereavement support here . 

My advice would be to contact us again on 1800 353 708 between 8am-8pm AEST today and when prompted say 'Bereavement support'.

When speaking to a consultant, I'd recommend asking them to confirm if they are definitely from the consumer bereavement support team & if not, can they transfer you through to the team.

Our bereavement team will be able to discuss options with you & assist you further with this.

If you have a complaint & would like us to follow up with the case manager to request contact on your behalf, please let us know the complaint reference number. These will look similar to SR 1-XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime & please let me know how you go with this.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Mum-Died1

You are not the 10th Telstra employee to become involved with this.

I have done what you are suggesting 4 seperate times.

When I phoned in May 2018 after my deceased mother received a letter threatening that the phone would be disconnected due to the NBN I phoned to have the NBN connected.

As previously mentioned I had full authority for over 30 years.

After phoning the Telstra NBN and spending 1 hour organising this I was after 1 hour that had no authority. I was transferred to the Bereavement Support to have the account authority resurrected and the account transferred into my name.

This did not happen.

This did not happen 3 more times.

My authority to act on the account had been removed by Telstra and at this stage according to Telstra my mother was still living.

No one can tell my why or who removed the authority.

No one can explain why the transfer of account did not and has not taken place with now 4 callls to Bereavement since May 2018.

All promised that the account would be transferred. All talk.

Support Team
Support Team

It's disappointing to hear this hasn't occurred @Mum-Died1, especially after you've spoken to us about this multiple times.

While we should be able to resolve this via the paths mentioned in my previous reply, if you're having trouble getting this sorted out, you're welcome to raise a complaint through our online form here & a dedicated case manager will be assigned to work with you to help resolve the matter.

Upon submitting, you will receive a reference number that looks similar to SR 1-XXXXXXXXXXXXX & can expect contact within 5 business days & we would aim to resolve within 10 business days.

If you've done this but are unsure of the reference number, please check the spam/junk folder of your inbox. 

If there's nothing there, I would recommend raising a complaint via the link again. If two complaints end up being raised, the duplicate would get withdrawn.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Level 24: Supreme Being

@Mum-Died1 If you do not supply an SR 1- number from one of your complaints, there is nothing that the Telstra Support Staff here can do to assist you at all (other than give you the contact phone numbers).

You need to help them out a little so that they can at least try to help you.

Otherwise, you posting here is a complete waste of time.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Mum-Died1

I don’t think you understand either.

I have interacted with three (3) members of the complaints department in the past month.

This has been previously posted.

On the up side I now have earned 2 ‘ badges ‘ the following which is the latest and I find this badge business insulting and beyond pathetic.

You earned the On a Roll badge on Telstra Crowdsupport
Mum-Died1

Hello Jupiter ~ I have supplied Telstra with all SR numbers.

If you have read the previous posts you would have realised this.

You would have realised that this account has been said to have been transferred into my name but this never eventuates.

Again for your benefit I have spoken to the Berevment and Complaints departments.
Now for the 7th time

I am spending hours on the phone being told the account is being sorted out and it never happens. The account remains in my mother’s name regardless of what I do.

You input is not valid nor required.
Support Team
Support Team

Our offer of assistance is open where possible @Mum-Died1

We understand that losing a loved one is often a difficult time, so we are here to make cancelling or transferring their Telstra services as simple as possible. 

From what you've mentioned, this hasn't been the case & we want to help you get this resolved however without a reference number, it's difficult to confirm whether there's an open complaint & what status it's in. 

If you could let us know the complaint reference number (SR 1-XXXXXXXXXXXXX), this would be helpful or please feel free to provide details via the link I provided earlier as upon submitting, you will receive a reference number that will look similar to the one I'm requesting from you.

You haven't provided them in this message stream, or via the same user id. That is why the support staff are asking you for it. They technically cannot verify that you are the same person from the previous posts as your Avatar Name (account) is different.

If the Bereavement and Complaints Department can not sort the problem out correctly, the next step would be to lodge a complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman via www.tio.com.au

And by posting in a public forum, anybody can respond to your query.

And finally, after reading your posts under your previous User ID, you didn't provide any SR numbers to the staff who monitor this site. You may have provided them to the staff on the phone, but that is a completely different area of Telstra and the staff here cannot view your complaint without being told the numbers here.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Mum-Died1

I have contacted Complaints today and within minutes the Manager was too sick to take the call, the case worker is magically unavailable also.

I phoned Bereavement Support for the 5th time today 7 February 2019 and apparently change of name is extremely complicated and will take another 10 days for errors at Telstra to be are dealt with and change of name may take place.

I do hope this will be the end of it.

I’ll keep you posted.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Mum-Died1,

Thanks for letting us know. Please do keep us updated on how you go as we'd like to hear this has been resolved appropriately. 

Mum-Died1

Thank you ~ Bare in mind this is the 5th time I have done this since May 2018.

I have excluded all previous attempts and tried to keep this saga as uncomplicated as possible.

The account is still in my Mothers name and I also now have an account number (3rd) for the same address and phone number and internet bundle.

Shame is has cost me over $16,000

It beggars belief.
Mum-Died1

Since Thursday 7th Feb

Email ‘ Thanks for getting in touch ‘

Thursday 7th Feb evening I have had a voice mail from Tom in complaints informing me that Arian ( Manager ?) is sick until Tuesday.

Friday 8 Feb a text message to my mobile the (2nd message) informing me that NBN is connected ( it is not connected )
On calling the 2 mobile numbers I received these texts from is a Telstra message informing me that these mobile numbers are disconnected.

Saturday 9 Feb a text to my mobile from Arian stating ‘we’re working in your complaint’

Monday 11 Feb I received another text from Arian identical to the previous 3 text messages.

Monday 11 Feb a voice mail from Jill in ‘ resolutions ‘ if I need anything urgent ?

Monday 11 Feb An email from Arian which seems to return to the beginning by thanking me for getting in touch.

Unfortunately NO phone call as promised from the person I spoke to in Bereavement Department on Thursday 7th Feb

This person promised to phone me to update me on the change of name and I stupidly believed her.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Mum-Died1.

I'm sorry to hear this has been unresolved. 

As we cannot access your account information via this forum for privacy reasons, if you can provide me with your complaint reference number beginning with "SR 1-",  I would be happy to chase this up for you, reach out to your complaint case manager on your behalf to have them contact you so we can get you the follow up you need to get this resolved. 

Regards - 

Mum-Died1

For privacy AND security reasons unless you can provide me with a secure and private contact method I am unable to disclose the SR 1 number.

My only options are to publicly post to allow others to see how Telstra is not performing as mentioned this is now in its 15th year.

Ombudsman
Federal Member Of Parliament
Federal Police ( due to so many account creations and the billing of a dead person )

These appear to be my only recourse.

@Mum-Died1, if you don't want to post it here, send @TommyR a private message. Click on his Avatar and then when his profile page comes up, there will be a button to send a message.

BTW, the only people who can access the complaints number details are Telstra Staff and all that can happen is for them to request the manager to contact you.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more