CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Door_where
Level 1: Cadet

My Account questions - just want account management

Answered

Hello everyone.

I have recently registered with "My Account" with the intention of checking and altering my billing arrangements. However, the forms for setting it up wouldn't let me do this without setting up a "MyInbox". I did not mean to check this item and I did not click the "next" button after doing so. But here I am.

I simply want to cease using 'My Account" (without cancelling my mobile service or contract, of course - no complaints with those yet). More specifically, I have no use for the "MyConnect:, "MyEmail" and "MyInbox" facilities. I certainly do not want to be billed for these on an ongoing basis. There are no obvious ways to deactivate these things. What do I do?

My only reason for registering was bill management. This itself would not have become necessary if I had been offered a direct debit option at the time I entered the contract- I just assumed this was standard practice and that the sales assistant understood my intention when recording my bank card details.

I would certainly have appreciated web-based account management facilities that didn't essentially foist an unwanted non-free e-mail service upon me. I now am aware of alternate avenues for setting up direct-debit. How do I get out of the rest of it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: My Account questions - just want account management

The Mailbox is free AFAIK (I'm yet to be charged for it).

The other stuff I found by logging into http://messaging.bigpond.com/inbox.do with my MyAccount details, and clicking on "Settings" and then deactivating the bits and pieces.

If you think you may have been charged for it already, best bet would be to contact our LiveChat Team who can point you in the right direction.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

The Mailbox is free AFAIK (I'm yet to be charged for it).

The other stuff I found by logging into http://messaging.bigpond.com/inbox.do with my MyAccount details, and clicking on "Settings" and then deactivating the bits and pieces.

If you think you may have been charged for it already, best bet would be to contact our LiveChat Team who can point you in the right direction.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Door_where
Level 1: Cadet

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your quick reply. I will try what you have advised.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now